Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Citrix Receiver closing during script recording after login

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to record a Citrix ICA script (single protocol) against the Citrix Receiver installed locally. The Receiver launches and I am able to enter login details, however once I click on login/press enter the screen shows the Windows Welcome text for a few seconds and then the Receiver window closes.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Please let me know if you need more info.

EDIT: I'm using LR Community 12.53

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Citrix Receiver closing during script recording after login

Jump to solution

I'm pleased to confirm that the issue lies with user group config on the Citrix server (as we're running Xenapp 7.6)

I discovered the issue was also documented here - https://blogs.serioustek.net/post/2014/08/30/xenapp-7-user-rdp-connections-disconnect-immediately-aspx

Despite not being LoadRunner specific, we encountered exactly the same behaviour. Therefore, I requested my user to be added to the group Direct Access Users and I am now able to successfully record and replay scripts using the single ICA protocol.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you provide some more details:

1. Version of Citrix Receiver;
2. Connection Mode - are you using ICA-file or Connection Parameters to connect to Citrix server? There is an issue in Citrix Receiver 14.4 - it works with ICA-file only.
3. Do you have HP Agent for Presentation Server  installed on your Citrix server? Which version?
4. What is in Recording Log ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply, sure here are the details:

1. We are using the latest version which I downloaded from Citrix yesterday - 4.4.1000.16
2: We've tried both ICA file and entering the connection parameters
3. Yes the agent was installed last week, it's the version that comes with LR 12.53 so the latest version
4. This is the recording log (I've taken out all the keystrokes entering the login details as they're not necessary -

[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] CitrixClientImpl.dll version: 12.53.1203.0
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] Running Citrix processes:
concentr.exe, pid 5496, GDI handles in use: 51
receiver.exe, pid 5596, GDI handles in use: 75
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_set_connect_opt("APPLICATION", "#Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Pre-Prod");
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_set_connect_opt("NETWORK_PROTOCOL", "TCP/IP");
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_connect_server("**server removed**", "**username removed**", "*****", "**domain removed**");
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] client resolution = 2048x1152, client color depth = 32 bits
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_create_window "Windows sign-in" flag=1 style=-1778384896 ext_style=2097152 id=65566
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] Foreground window = 65594
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] Foreground window = 65566
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_sync_on_window("Windows sign-in", 0, 0, 1281, 1025);
**Steps removed - entering login details**
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] Foreground window = 0
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_delete_window "Windows sign-in"
[Citrix Recorder (24b0:14a8)] ctrx_logoff("CTRX_NORMAL_LOGOFF");

Also worth mentioning, I'm not sure if seamless mode has been disabled on the Citrix server - would this be the cause of why the ICA client is closing?
We have also tried a multi web & Citrix protocol script and the application loads once we're logged into Citrix but not within ICA client window, and no events are recorded once we're in the application.

Please let me know if you need any more info, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'm pleased to confirm that the issue lies with user group config on the Citrix server (as we're running Xenapp 7.6)

I discovered the issue was also documented here - https://blogs.serioustek.net/post/2014/08/30/xenapp-7-user-rdp-connections-disconnect-immediately-aspx

Despite not being LoadRunner specific, we encountered exactly the same behaviour. Therefore, I requested my user to be added to the group Direct Access Users and I am now able to successfully record and replay scripts using the single ICA protocol.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.