Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Citrix Recording Issue - Unsupported Function

Hi,

While recording the citrix application, we are encountering “Unsupported Function” message. please find tool details below.

Citrix version -7.5

LoadRunner - 12.02

Am looking for a suggestion other than the below mentioned activities which i already tried.

• Before recording, we have killed running wfica32.exe and wfcrun32.exe processes and have also checked that the process do not auto start again.
  • We killed all running citrix related processes in task manager then I tried to record the citrix but no luck.
  • As it is a web+citrix based application, we used multi-protocol option and tried with the below different settings in recording options.
    • Recording
      •  HTML based
      •  URL based
    • Configuration
      • Encryption Level – Server Default & 128 Bit
      • Window size – 1024 * 768
    • Mapping-> Capturing Level –>
      • Socket level
      • WinINet level
      • both combination
  • we have also try to record with different Recorder modes like web browser & Windows Application options.
  • Try to recorded with different browsers like Chrome & Internet Explorer.
  • Got one more suggestion like disabling the Antivirus before recording the citrix application.
  • Also tried with below Data Execution Prevention options in control panel settings.
    • Turn on DEP for essential windows programs & services only
    • Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

Please find the attachment for screenshot.

NOTE- Intermittently we are getting snapshot1 pop ups but however we are facing issue as snapshot 2 in the attachment.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Citrix Recording Issue - Unsupported Function

if the Citrix processes wfica32.exe and wfcrun32.exe are already running on the machine on which you are recording you will get this error, can you please kill these two processes and try to record ?

Cheers

Mohammed Hamed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your prompt response.

We have looked for those process in task manager , but we couldnt see while we launced the application through LR.

Kindly can you sugesst some other workarounds.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I know you mentioned you disabled DEP but can you try via this method and see if it makes a difference?

1. Open a Elevated Command Prompt
            i. Open the Start Menu
           ii. Click All Programs and Accessories
          iii. Right click on Command Pront and click Run as Administrator
           iv. Click on Continue
  2. To Disable DEP
            i. In the Elevated Command Prompt, type:
                bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
           ii. Restart the computer to apply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Check that no anti virus block Citrix from running . Check your Bop execution List .

Thanks

Mohammed Hamed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

did you try to upgrade Citrix Receiver? 

https://www.citrix.ru/downloads/citrix-receiver.html

Best regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.