Highlighted
New Member.

Citrix Users screen got hanged while run the script from controller. How to capture this problem?

Hi All,

I am using multiple protocol script i.e CITRIX + WEB HTTP.
I am running 10 concurrent citrix users controller.LR setting is to Generate snapshot on error in controller.
Now my goal is to achieve 160 orders by each user and I am able to acheive this with Vugen but when I am trying to run in controller I miss some of the orders.
All server side stats are looking good, there is a observation that for few seconds GUI hangs in load and this behaviour is very sporadic.

Now i want solution regarding this, how i should capture screens for those users who's screen was hanged or the users screen when they were having UI rendering issues from GUI.
Since there are no warnings or error messages on screen, also App server logs as well as in LR logs does not indicating such issues.

Kindly help to troubleshoot this issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Citrix Users screen got hanged while run the script from controller. How to capture this problem

Hi,

Can the Controller/Load Generator handle the concurrency? I mean do you face any bottleneck in LoadRunner component? 

Do you have sync steps that should fail and cause the snapshot on error to be triggered? 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Citrix Users screen got hanged while run the script from controller. How to capture this problem

Hi,

In my case the test is with only 10 users and LG which are being used for testing are with very high configuration. 

So I did not face any concurrency issue or any bottleneck during testing.

Most of steps within script I have applied sync functions and it fails when any mismatched  window  occures, and have handled this too.

I am still confused how should i capture Application GUI unresponsiveness or Application GUI screen freez issues?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you turn on snapshot on error in run time settings?

I ran a quick Google search, I suggest reviewing the following sources. It might help.

1. LoadRunner Online Help - Citrix
  2. LoadRunner Citrix - Tips and Tricks by Northway Solutions
  3. Citrix Webinar - Functional Overview
  4. Citrix Webinar - Troubleshooting session

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I using this 'Generate snapshot on Error' setting through out the testing.It works when there is any error message shows on screen.
My observation is when screen got hanged or freezed for few seconds, we did not get any message or errorfor freezed screen and hence no snapshot generated. Once screen is active and if there is any error message it will capture.

Thanks for the links you provided, i have gone through these links initialy and try all the measures mentioned over there but did not get the solution which indicate if the Application UI is unresponsive or hanged?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.