Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Citrix Xen App Replay Issues

Dear All,

We have recorded a Citrix Xen App with multiple protocols, web http/html and citrix ICA protocols. We tweaked the script to save .ica file with different names (like for Vuser1, 1launch.ica, 2.launch.ica) in H:/Temp folder.

the script runs very well with unique user id's but when the same userId is used multiple times, the existing session is getiing killed and only one session/ user is running.

Manually, we were able to login to Webinterface with same user in many browsers and are able to invoke citrix application multiple times with same users.

When the script is runningfrom controller, we are able to see different .ica files created for each user in H:Temp folder with similar properties of manual .ica files. Still, it is not allowing more that one user with same Credentials.

Also, we are seeing two files being created for each user 1launchSAPID.ica.vuser.modified, 1launchSAPID.ica. why are two files being created?

Attaching one .ica file generated in H:Temp when script was run from controller.

Our code is below for handling ica files . We capture .ica parameters in to Full and append [Encoding] to it and invoke it,.

I have attached the file that has the code to generate .ica files.

Quick response is much appreciated.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Citrix Xen App Replay Issues

Hi,

The problem seems to be the session token  in the ica file . Please let me know whether same token is generated in the browser for the same user id. Also it will be automatically downloading the ica file when replaying the script.  That's why i think there are 2 file generated in the location

My suggession would be to store the ica file from the place the citrix application is getting launched by right clicking in the window in browser and save the file "Target As" and save it with .ICA extension. 

It would be useful to go with single protocol by giving the path of the ICA file in Citrix Protocol

Regards, 
Raghul M

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Yes Raghul,

Any number of times the user logs in, he will have the same session token. We are able to launch multiple sessions manually but not from the tool. ICA configs below.

Also, I did not understand the point of scripting with single protocol (Citrix). We have to login through web interface and launch the citrix sesion. Web calls are not generated when we use single protocol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Could you please execute the script with 2 user and change to "Run as a Process" tto identify whether application is able to run separately as process

Regards,

Raghul M

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Could you please execute the script with 2 user and change to "Run as a Process" tto identify whether application is able to run separately as process with LoadRunner Tool?

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I'd recommend to re-record script to make it use ctrx_nfuse_connect() funciton instead of saving content of ICA-files to disk.
This approach was used several years ago to support Citrix WebInterface. Now LR supports Citrix WI out of the box and trick with saving ICA-files is obsolete and not recommended.

I suppose you alredy tried to do this but without success. This line of the script

//ctrx_set_connect_opt(ICAFILE, "C:\\Users\\L082246\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Temporary Internet Files\\Content.IE5\\4207VOE3\\launch.ica");

makes me think that script was recorded in WinInet-level mode or it was recorded on Win2008 Server machine with IE Enhanced Security enabled.  Please change recording mode (LR->Recording options->Mapping and Filtering->Capture level) to Socket-level, disable IE Enhanced Security (Server Manger->Security Information->Configure IE ESC) and try to record the script.  As a result, you'll get ctrx_nfuse_connect(...) in the script instead of web_url("launcher.aspx"...); ctrx_set_connect_opt(ICAFILE...);

Regading .ica.vuser.modified - this file is created by LoadRunner during replay and you do not need to change it manually.

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you very much Raghul & H Frequent  for taking your time in assisting me.

Still I am not able to crack the issue with launching multiple sessions with same user, Manually it allows us to launch any number of sessions with the same login and perform any operation. From tool am not able to reproduce it.

Now, I did bypass the web interface, by giving citrix file as input and did it with single protocol; I am able to record and replay the script with single user, but when I put 2 users on it, it fails.

My understanding is am I doing any misuse of ICA file, how do I give different ICA files to different users. Attached my new code below,

Hoven, I am also trying to get citrix nfuse connect function. Will keep you posted. I did not understand disable IE Enhanced Security (Server Manger->Security Information->Configure IE ESC) in your reply.

attached script - single protocol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Balaji,

Could you please post the error message of the second user failure. It would be helpful to drill down the issue?

Also let me know whether you tried with "Run as process" in run time settings in the reply.

Regards,

Raghul M

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Raghul,

I created the script with only citrix ICA protocol and was able to run multiple users now. But my script is running only one iterion, second iteration, it lauches .ica file but the script is not moving ahead after that step. Below is the error I am seeing in the script during second iteration.

Do I need to handle .ica files in any different way? I am attaching the script also to this email. Please help.

19/04/2016 18:51:38 New Iteration started
Starting action Action.
Action.c(4): Notify: Transaction "LaunchICA" started.
Action.c(6): Setting connection option "ICAFILE" to "launchP2.ica"
19/04/2016 18:51:38 Action.c(6): Number of currently used GDI handles on this machine = 7052
19/04/2016 18:51:38 Action.c(6): Running Citrix processes:
 concentr.exe, pid 1748, GDI handles in use: 36
 receiver.exe, pid 5904, GDI handles in use: 44
19/04/2016 18:51:39 Action.c(6): Modifying ICA file with commands "ConnectionBar=0": done with status 0.
19/04/2016 18:51:39 Action.c(6): Citrix ClientName is "AUUR03VP1826-"
19/04/2016 18:51:40 Action.c(6): WaitForEvent: Initializing wait event, time=180000, end time=250889565
19/04/2016 18:54:40 Action.c(6): WaitForEvent: exiting on timeout; time spent=180010
19/04/2016 18:54:40 Action.c(6): Number of currently used GDI handles on this machine = 7031
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 1 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:41 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 2 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:42 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 3 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:43 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 4 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:45 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 5 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:46 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 6 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:47 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 7 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:48 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 8 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:49 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 9 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:50 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 10 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:51 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 11 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:52 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 12 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:53 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 13 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:54 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Warning: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 14 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
19/04/2016 18:54:55 Action.c(6): wr_msg_wait: exit on timeout...
Action.c(6): Error: Unable to create screen snapshot : Failed to retrieve the ICA Client bitmap  (attempt 15 of 15). Reason: "The RPC server is unavailable. in GetFullScreenShot"
Action.c(6): CITRIX: ASSERT: "int __stdcall EnumChildWindowsShowAll(struct HWND__ *,__w64 long)" at ScreenBitmap.cpp(400). Text: "EnumChildWindows( hwnd, EnumChildWindowsShowAll, lParam )"
Action.c(6): CITRIX: ASSERT: "int __stdcall EnumChildWindowsShowAll(struct HWND__ *,__w64 long)" at ScreenBitmap.cpp(400). Text: "EnumChildWindows( hwnd, EnumChildWindowsShowAll, lParam )"
19/04/2016 18:54:55 Action.c(6): Attempting a simple BitBlt from the screen
19/04/2016 18:54:55 Action.c(6): Trying to get the bitmap from window 0x3b0d50
Action.c(6): Error: Unable to create screen snapshot : CreateFile failed , last error = 3, pcFilePath =
Action.c(6): Error: Unable to create screen snapshot : WriteFile failed
Action.c(6): Error: Unable to create screen snapshot : CloseHandle failed
19/04/2016 18:54:55 Action.c(6): List of existing windows :
19/04/2016 18:54:55 Action.c(6):  window - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
19/04/2016 18:54:55 Action.c(6):  window - St George Sovereign System (sv10.3.13.09)
Action.c(6): Error: ctrx_set_connect_opt("launchP2.ica") failed. Operation exceeded timeout.
The window currently in focus: "St George Sovereign System (sv10.3.13.09)"
Action.c(6): Notify: Transaction "LaunchICA" ended with "Fail" status (Duration: 197.0490).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Citrix Xen App Replay Issues in Loadrunner 12.01 Version

ctrx_nfuse_connect("http://10.3.64.231/Citrix/RCCProdWeb/Resources/LaunchIca/UkNDX1hBXzcxNS5XaW5kb3dzIEV4cGxvcmVyIDIw.ica?CsrfToken={CsrfToken}&IsUsingHttps=No&launchId=1574322909125", CTRX_LAST);

above transaction is failing with below Error . Please suggest something on this error.

Citrix server Version : 7.15

Citrix Reciever Version : 4.7

Error Logs:

Action.c(161): Error: Connect can not be established - Last Citrix error=13 (Unsupported function), last client error=0 (Unknown client error 0)

Action.c(161): Error: ctrx_set_connect_opt("C:\Users\QAEng_01\Desktop\CitrixICA_Multi1\\nfuse_(null).ica") failed. Server IP address = 10.3.64.192:1494. Operation exceeded timeout.

Abort was called from an action.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.