Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Co-worker and I using same remoted-in box for recording, but get different script generation. Help!

Hey there.  Like I said in the title, my co-worker and I will remote into a dedicated LoadRunner box to do our recordings and store our scripts.  We both operate out of "Public".  We will make recordings, but my script generation looks much different than his and we would like to know why so our scripts will be consistent between the both of us.  There is no wiggle room for the configuration of the PC or how we access it to do our jobs.  Here are the differences:

My script (the bottom "Body=" line is all one long string), versus co-worker script (login parameters are neatly divided by line breaks).  Any idea what is going on?:

My own script generationMy own script generationCo-worker's script generationCo-worker's script generation

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor..
Frequent Visitor..

Re: Co-worker and I using same remoted-in box for recording, but get different script generation. He

Seems like two different recording options is being used here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Co-worker and I using same remoted-in box for recording, but get different script generation. He

Hi,

Look like catured the scripts in two mode :HTML-Explicit URL only and URL mode.

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Do you two log in using the same credentials or do you have two different Windows accounts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am actually worried because I have done 2 different HTML and 2 different URL recordings and it's all coming out the same....

What is going on, I even clicked use defaults just to see something different...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I loaded LoadRunner, used defaults, web protocol.  First image are the settings, second image is the code generated by those settings.  What is going on here?  Why is everything the same?  Is this a bug?

HTMLExplicitURLs.jpgHTMLExplicitURLs_GEN.jpgHTMLUserActions.jpgHTMLUserActions_GEN.jpgURL0Checks.jpgURL0Checks_GEN.jpgURL1Checks.jpgURL1Checks_GEN.jpgURL2Checks.jpgURL2Checks_GEN.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In your situation, I would be tempted to first run LRdetect to check the Vugen installation and the de-install and later re-install (after rebooting the machine) Vugen.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.