Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Complex requirement for Web protocol

Hi Team,

We have Vugen 12.60 .  Customer wants to know whether the  complex requirements(attached zip file) can be feasible in “Web” protocol ??

Meanwhile I am able to achieve all these requirements mentioned ( in attached zip file) in “Truclient “Protocol (screenshots  in the same attached zip file).

Note :- We are using this script generated in Vugen for Application monitoring through Microfocus BPM tool.

This is an urgent requirement

Kindly review the zip file  & Please let me know . Thank You in Advance.

Regards,

Ritweek

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Complex requirement for Web protocol

It looks like that what the customer wants is at least not feasible for you.

I've seen one or two situations in which we decided to go for TruClient i.s.o. Web because Web was too difficult for us. So from a technical perspective it is very rare that one cannot do it in Web. (There are more obvious reasons: as development experience, maintenance, how many users concurrent etc).

Your concerns in document are indeed the interesting topics in Web protocol.

To force an outcome with customer make sound estimates on the scripting and maintenance (application will always change, and even now days even quicker). Include possible needed licenses as well and you should be able to make financial decision.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

Thank You for your reply .

Whatever complex requirements i have mentioned in the attached zip file,  are already accomplished  in Truclient .

But the query from Customer is "whether all these complex requirements are doable in Web protocol also "?? If answer is Yes , then how to do it ?

Please let me know your valuable thoughts.

Regards,

Ritweek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

@RItweek Mohanty,

Do you not have internal trainings on Web protocol? To solve complex issues you need to have sound understanding how an web application is behaving. Need to study what is going over the wire in relation to what happens on the UI. Modern applications tent to communicate via the browser via JS and sent e.g. JSON messages (or XML). You you need be able to:

relate the occurrence of a button to the data flow between server and client.

position of a next button is in UI important, but might not be in respect to the URL that is send when you press the Next button (you have to examine both situations).

scrolling: Depends on the implementation look to the protocol.

cookies should be no concern. Very rare that a client generates cookies.

correlation: You normally pick up the first occurrence for correlation. Use regexp patterns on boundaries or on the pattern of the thing itself. The rest is just search/replace.

P.S.

You stated: "This is an urgent requirement", implementing this according the requirements of the customers will end in learning on the job. As a customer I would not accept that.

Signature:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your reply

All these complex requirement are actually accomplished  in Truclient(screenshots are there in the same zip file ),  but somehow i am not able to find working solution for these complex requirements in web protocol. Meanwhile please find my answers inline

position of a next button is in UI important, but might not be in respect to the URL that is send when you press the Next button (you have to examine both situations). -->>> (Ritweek) :- I can record the first button in first iteration and then record separately the second button in next iteration and merge both the script contents for the 2 buttons into one script . BUt challenge here is as this is a web protocol , unlike Truclient protocol , exact button name is not coming on the script , rather it is coming as web_url or web_submit_data. So while putting if Else , i am not able to validate that for example  if "Submit" button is not coming, proceed to "Review"  button

cookies should be no concern. Very rare that a client generates cookies..-->>> (Ritweek): I tried to use web_cache_CleanUP & web_cleanup_cookies functions to clear the cookies in the script but seems like without cookies, the script is not proceeding as dynamic values are coming in the cookies only

correlation: You normally pick up the first occurrence for correlation.-->>> (Ritweek):- the dynamic values are coming in the cookies & Also to make this correlation More challenging , I noticed that both Left & right boundaries of the same dynamic value is changing in multiple places in the CODE Generation log ( details of the dynamic value are in the attached zip file in highlighted state ) . So please correct me if I am wrong ,using Regular Expression seems to be not a viable solution here as both Boundaries are dynamic .Even i cant use offset also .

Regards,

Ritweek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Cookies: learn to understand when you need to cleanup cookies. This is knowledge on HTTP protocol. I hardly use lr-functions to cleanup cookies and cache. LR's runtime settings normally contains enough settings to control this correctly depending on your testing: e.g. one-time logon and multiple iterations vs. logon/off in each iteration.

In depth knowledge of regular expression is a very powerful instrument for your daily work. I assume that you have difficulties with the string after the TID in your matching. Before you can make a good pattern you need to collect examples of what to match. I use the website https://regex101.com/ to test/validate my patterns.

Your regexp expression for web_reg_save_param_regex() might look:

TID[^=]*=([^;]+);

What this means is you:

1. start with TID,
  2. following an optional string without =
  3. than your parameter starts after the = till the first ;. (Any thing that is not a ;)
  4. The ( and ) tell this is your content for parameter (group 1).

Signature:
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.