Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Connect internal controller to external generators?

I can't seem to figure out what setup i should be running.

I have a controller base don my client site, I am creating drones externally, in AWS. I want Loadrunner to connect through the client firewall through 443.

All the images I find have the Controller external and the MI listener externally, going through firewalls, internet, and back in client proxy server then into the Generators.

Can I have my Controller internally, connecting through the clients proxy server (which is open on 443), going out to my Generator in the cloud which is running the MI Listener software?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Connect internal controller to external generators?

Hi,

MIListener is using when between Controller and Load Generator has Firewall and cannot communicate directly.

You need to install MIListener in a separate machine, not in the same machine as Controller or Load Genarator.

Please refer this link for more details:

http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/help/WebHelp/Content/Controller/_sa_t_setup_use_firewalls.htm

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Ah - So I should have:

Controller (on client site)
MI Listener (on one machine in the cloud)
5 x Generators (on different machines in the cloud)

Then I connect the controller to the MI Listener through the clients proxy; and connect the MI Listener to the Generators?

Is this the best way to have the Controller talking to my Generators over port 443?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

MI Listener should be in the same side as Controller. Controller will use MI Listener to go through Proxy server to connect to Load Generator.

Controller-->MI Listener-->Proxy Server-->Load Generator

You can refer the image in the below link for HTTPS Configuration:

http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/help/WebHelp/Content/Controller/_sa_t_config_overfirewall_system.htm

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Thanks - I want to setup the "HTTPS Configuration" option since the corporate firewall will not allow TCP connections out.
My situtation is the opposite though, where I have the Controller inside the firewall and proxy.

How can I implement the image attached?
Where should the MI Listener be?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

MI Listener should be placed right next to Controller. Because Controller and Load Generator cannot connect over port 443, so Controller need to send the request to MI Listener via the default port 50500 then MI Listener will forward it via port 443 to Proxy server/ Firewall to transfer to Load Generator.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Thanks for your response, I'm hopefully getting closer to a solution.

I've been locking myself out of the corporate network all week 🙂 so I hope I'm closer ! 🙂

I have installed the MI Listener on a machine and I am getting this error when I reboot the MI Listener, before I even try to connect from the controller.

31/05/2017 11:12:17 Error: Communication error: NTLM authentication to proxy server error - connection to proxy refused. (domain: [my domain], username: [my username])          [MsgId: MERR-10343]
31/05/2017 11:12:17 Error: Two Way Communication Error: Function two_way_comm_resolve_userdata failed. Reason: invalid handle.   [MsgId: MERR-60985]

I can't find any documentation on what "Local Machine Key" should be, so I just made something up, is that right?

any idea about this error?

I got a trace done on the proxy and it appears that nothing is coming from it (though I'm waiting for it to be redone as I removed the Controller from this machine, and just installed MIL)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

A trace on the box looks like I'm trying to make a connection through the proxy back to it's self on port 443

and I'm getting a HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired back.

I wonder whether I'm setting up the right details on my MI Listener server.
I don't have anything set in the "MI Listener Configuration" As I do not want authentication, only SSL. and the "Agent Configuration" settings are attached.

Look OK?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.