Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connection Timeout Error

Hello Masters,

I am getting most of the time " Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "test.propertyinstant.com:80": [10060] Connection timed out " this error.

Could you please tell me where is the issue and what will be the solution for this.

One more help needed is there any document avialable for response time comparision. Like for 100 user max response time should be X. For 400 user Max Response time should be Y and same for min time. It will be great help if any one can guide us.

Thanks in Advance,

Shubha

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Connection Timeout Error

Hi subha,

Go to Run time settings->Preferences->options, there in HTTP properties you will find on option "HTTP-request connect timeout" set it to 1000 and then re run it will not fail after this. 

Please make sure that manually you are able to connect to server. If not then there is a problem with server.

Regarding doc on response time comparison the ques is not clear to me. If you can explain it more then i can help you in that.

Let me know wether this has resolved the problem or not.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

I set the following...

HTTP-request connect timeout (sec).......600
HTTP-request receive timeout (sec)........600
HTTP Keep-Alive timeout (sec)................600
after starting the test, within 2 minitues I am getting failed to connect server...connection timed out.
when I ran the test with two users every things seems working fine, but when I ran with 10 users or more, I am getting failed to connect errors. Wonder what else I can try...any suggestions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello wttw,

Set both HTTP request recieve and connection timeouts to 1000 seconds and HTTP keep-alive and HTTP page download timetouts to 9999 seconds. These are the maximum for each of those fields. If you get errors even then, I suggest asking the application developers that you are recieving these and these the maximum number of seconds LoadRunner allows me. If possible, they would make changes to the application to overcome the issue and then you can load test it or you can say you can't load test this application.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I know this is a very old post. Still happen to see recently and I had similar issue sometime back.

On disabling the proxy under preferences in RTS helped me getting away with the issue. By default, RTS takes proxy settings from browser and by chance if your LG browser has proxy enabled in it for some reason, this will result in unnecessary proxy connection which will lead to conection timed out issue.

Note: Make sure your application doesn't require proxy to connect.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.