Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Controller License

Hi,

We have ALM 11.52 and we can execute tests via Controller from designated machines.

However there is just 1 user who gets "no valid license" error while opening Controller. The user's permission to host, ALM, local admin rights, re-creation of profile, every thing have been tried out but no luck.

License is perpetual, and no question of expiry. 

Please help.

Vivek

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Controller License

Hello Vivek,

Could you please eleborate about your LR license, like how many vusers? and normally how many users are able to access controller ?

Regards,

Manoj Thota

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Not more than 1 person per system. We have 2 such systems. License is for 2 concurrent runs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

It sounds like you have a Performance Center instance with license for 2 concurrent runs, right?

Are you trying to use the Controller directly, not through Performance Center? If so, maybe the license was not configured on the machine. Try adding the machine through ALM Lab in order to configure the host.

I would also suggest checking what's new in our latest release (12.55). I am pretty sure you will find that valuable and a good reason to upgrade

Good luck

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we have license to run 2 concurrent tests (either from PC or controller).

As I said earlier, license is configured properly as it is working for 3 of us. It is just 1 user who faces this licensing issue when trying to open wlrun. All of us can however run test via PC without any issue. I couldn't find any resource to my help.

Migration from HPE to Microfocus didn't help either! 

Also, we have done significant study on Stormrunner and we may be looking forward to migrate to it (though there is no timline as of now)

Regards,

Vivek

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.