Highlighted
New Member.

Controller Scenario running for very less time than expected

Jump to solution

Hi

We have upgraded from Loadrunner 11.0 to LR 12.53. In fact , we are using LR 12.53 on a new machine as a fresh installation (Licensed Version). I have transferred all the loadrunner scripts and all related files

All the Controller scenarios are running as expected without any changes to the scripts or scenarios. However there is one particular scenario file which normally runs for around 4 minutes, this one runs only for 50 seconds on LR 12.53.  This scenario is a data generation step which normally runs for 4 minutes and generates enough data for the main load test. HOwever on running it in LR 12.53, it runs only for 50 seconds and hence there is not enough data generated for the main load test, The scenario runs fine without any errors, but only for 50 seconds.

Note- There are load tests for other applications which run perfectly fine. 

I want to know where to and how to check for the root causes? More questions to isolate the reasons are also welcome

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Controller Scenario running for very less time than expected

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please compare the scheduler settings with the old version?

Can you please comapre the scripts run time settings in the Controller?

Is the scenario stopped after 50 seconds or the script stops running?

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

The script contained in the scenario runs fine in VUGen for multiple iterations.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please compare the scheduler settings with the old version?

Can you please comapre the scripts run time settings in the Controller?

Is the scenario stopped after 50 seconds or the script stops running?

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

Thanks for your reply. The Run time settings in controller seems to be different. Let me change that and that should fix the issue i hope. I will check and reply here.

Jagan

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi

The solution worked. The Runn time settings in controller was not the same as the original setting. It was reset to 1. Now i fixed that

Thanks

Jagan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.