Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Controller forgets there are more load generators

I have a TruClient testscipt.

For running that script i have made a scenario for a test with 20 vUsers.

There is a ramp-up for about 15 minutes.

I have 3 load generators, one of them (and local host) is disabled.

Theay are limite to 17 vUsers each.

When i start a test it happens ofte that after 17 users the test fails becaus the controller sees that the one loadgenerator is full.

But there is another one connected and available.

Sometimes i have to reslart the controllers and load generators to get it working again.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Patrick, 

I think the problem is in the number of Vusers: the TruClient protocol is very heavy in terms of system resources. I suggest you to modify the scenario, and distribute the load with a limit of 5/6 Vusers per generator. Try this way and tell us if this simple solution can be helpful to your problem. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I have a scenario of 20 vUsers max.

I have 2 loadgenerators that are limited to 17 vUsers.

Sometimes (once every few times) when it reaches 17 vUsers on 1 loadgenerator it tries to send the 18th (and 19th/20th) to the loadgenerator that is already full.

The other loadgenerator is at that moment still active but without any vUsers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Patrick, 

try to distribute 4 Vusers in each load generators and tell us what's the response. As I said, I work a lot with this protocol and in my experience I don't put more then 4/5 Vusers per generator; TruClient is an heavy protocol under system resources point of view. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.