Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Controller froze during long term test

Jump to solution

Hi

After 14 hours that test was running in the logn term, the controller froze one I tried to open the errors window.

I can see that the test is running, but controller continue froze for more than 1 hour.

Im using Load Runner 12.51 which is running on server with Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit.

See print screen.

Please advise what can be done to release it without loosing the test.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Unforutately I don't think that you can do anything to save the run, only trying to not get ito the same situation the next time.

The reason for the hang is that the database holding the messages during the test becomes full (by default a mdb-file).
Looking at the screenshot there are 5,5 million passed transactions, but over 500 million errors that is filling the database.

You will need to take care of these errors somehow.

First you should look into if these are real errors that needs to be fixed or if they they are the symptom of something else. Look into when the errors arise, during the whole test, or after a breaking point of the tested application.

I have had the same kind of trouble, in a long running stresstest where the application under test broke and the script went into a fast loop as all waiting time was in the end of the action. The errormessages started filling the LG-disk fast and eventually froze.

My fix for it was
1: Make sure that there were some thinktime in the start of the Action, making it impossible to get that massive amount of errors in a short time
2: Have an error-conter in each script, aborting the vuser if it gets more than 100 errors or so.

This way the execution will gracefully shut down in case of the application under test breaks completely.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could you check which version you're using? There's never been a 12.51 release, the closest are 11.51 and 12.53.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

please, also create a dump file when you see that Controller does not respond.

Use Process Explorer  to create a 32-bit dump.

Thanks,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes 12.53.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Controller freezes because you have a lot of message to display (as it seen in Output window). Actually Output window does not allow to take controll during data load. If you use debug info try to disable it.

Menu

1. Tools->Expert Mode;
  2. Tools->Options...->. Tab Debug Information tab uncheck trace flags;

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Unforutately I don't think that you can do anything to save the run, only trying to not get ito the same situation the next time.

The reason for the hang is that the database holding the messages during the test becomes full (by default a mdb-file).
Looking at the screenshot there are 5,5 million passed transactions, but over 500 million errors that is filling the database.

You will need to take care of these errors somehow.

First you should look into if these are real errors that needs to be fixed or if they they are the symptom of something else. Look into when the errors arise, during the whole test, or after a breaking point of the tested application.

I have had the same kind of trouble, in a long running stresstest where the application under test broke and the script went into a fast loop as all waiting time was in the end of the action. The errormessages started filling the LG-disk fast and eventually froze.

My fix for it was
1: Make sure that there were some thinktime in the start of the Action, making it impossible to get that massive amount of errors in a short time
2: Have an error-conter in each script, aborting the vuser if it gets more than 100 errors or so.

This way the execution will gracefully shut down in case of the application under test breaks completely.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.