Ensign
Ensign

Controller showing "0.000" min,max,avg response time for transactions, in Truclient Mobile Protocol.

Hello,

In LR 12.60, I have recorded a script with Truclient Native Mobile Protocol  (Using Mobile Emulator), Enhanced it and when I replay the script in VuGen it is giving me measurement like Duration  as shown in picture

Screenshot (17)_LI.jpg 

But In Controller, during execution of same script with 2 users (2 iterations each) - Min, Max, Average response time for same transactions was shown as "0.000"  and even Analysis reports,for the same, showed below results:

Screenshot (19).png

Average transaction response time graph:

Screenshot (20).png

Because of this, analysis report not creating graphs for Running Vusers, Hits per Second and Throughput.

Can someone help explaining what could be the reason for the controller showing "0.000" for response time?

Thanks 

0 Likes
9 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hi @Yallani ,

It looks like the response times, when run from controller are close to 0. I assume, protocol is Truclient-Mobileweb and the transactions have proper start and end points defined.

Can you please share your Run-time settings of the script.

Edit: I see that you are testing advantage shopping application and the sign-out time seems higher to me. If possible please share the script.

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hi Nakkeeran,

The script is recorded using Truclient-NativeMobile protocol (Not Truclient-MobileWeb) and yes transactions have properly defined start and end points.

I have recorded the same application using Truclient- MobileWeb protocol and there controller is giving proper response time (0.xx sec).

Attaching the Runtime Settings (JSON file) which I used in test and Script SS as below:

Screenshot (35)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (45)_LI.jpg

Thank You!

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi There,

Did you find a solution to this problem?

thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

To make the TRT work rightly, you need to use packaged application and set Object Exists as end events. You should not use non-packaged app. You should not use simulator either. Please check the help here: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/mobilecenter/en/3.3/Content/_lp_prepare_your_app_for_upload.htm?

Please first try this. If you still have questions, please let me know.

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hi, I am recording a TrueClient Native mobile app(Android) and I dont get Responsetime, Hits per second and Through put, the script is very straight forward where I am navigating with couple of screens and I did add transactions. And all the transactions are getting passed.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

vuser_init()
{
    return 0;
}

Action()
{
    lr_start_transaction("01Login");
    truclient_step("1", "Tap on 4 Label", "snapshot=Action_1.inf");
    truclient_step("2", "Tap on 2 Label", "snapshot=Action_2.inf");
    truclient_step("3", "Tap on 6 Label", "snapshot=Action_3.inf");
    truclient_step("4", "Tap on ? Label", "snapshot=Action_4.inf");
    lr_end_transaction("01Login",0);
    lr_start_transaction("02OpenChecks&ClosedChecks");
    truclient_step("5", "Tap on OPEN CHECKS Label", "snapshot=Action_5.inf");
    truclient_step("6", "Tap on CLOSED CHECKS Label", "snapshot=Action_6.inf");
    truclient_step("7", "Tap on OPEN CHECKS Label", "snapshot=Action_7.inf");
    lr_end_transaction("02OpenChecks&ClosedChecks",0);
    lr_start_transaction("03Logout");
    truclient_step("8", "Tap on Table 11 Label", "snapshot=Action_8.inf");
    truclient_step("9", "Tap on ? Label", "snapshot=Action_9.inf");
    truclient_step("10", "Tap on Table 74 Label", "snapshot=Action_10.inf");
    truclient_step("11", "Tap on YES Label", "snapshot=Action_11.inf");
    lr_end_transaction("03Logout",0);

return 0;
}

vuser_end()
{
    return 0;
}

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Do you use "packaged app" to run the TC Native Mobile script? Please check above answer from Gencehng,  TC Native Mobile can fetch measurements only when using a "packaged app" and set proper step end event, see more from App packaging and signing services (microfocus.com)

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Wang, Thanks for the response.

Yes I did try with a.Packaged App on the trueclient_step  with two options 1. As Recorded & 2. As defined by used application

b. End Event with "Object Exists" as well as "Action Completed".

Still the problem exists, Am I missing anything?

Ensign
Ensign

Wang, Finally the issue got resolved,  Thanks all for the great references here.

On the TC, App selection page, there was a toggle option to "Use Packaged version" which was enabled So I thought application is a packaged one, But the problem was addressed only when application installation on Mobile Center there is an option to install the packaged version.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Glad to know the problem solved, thanks for sharing! Enjoy!

Regards,

Zhipeng

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.