Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Convert TruClient script to Web HTTP/HTML not working

Hi

I tried to convert a very simple TruClient script to Web HTTP/HTML. The TruClient script login and a logout to a website of my company. The converted web script only contained the very first step navigating to the portal. No errors found. I have tried both FF and IE scripts. Is this feature really working? I use LR 12.50.

BR

Stefan

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Convert TruClient script to Web HTTP/HTML not working

Hello Stefan,

Correct, this feature was added in the releae of LoadRunner 12.0x.

This option is next to the replay button.

Are you facing some kind of issue with this?

Please let me know your comments.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you see the script steps properly carried out in the browser during the conversion?

Which browser was selected during the conversion? Please try with a different one (e.g. if you tried with Firefox try with IE).

There might be configuraiton related issues especially in regards to proxy settings. Also, try recording the same application using Web (HTTP\HTML) proxy recorder. If that works fine there is no reason for the conversion not to work correctly as well.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi

It looks like a certificate problem. When I tried to do a proxy recording I got an error like: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. Any suggestions how can I solve this problem?

Regards

Stefan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

TruClient conversion to Web (HTTP/HTML) uses the proxy recorder behind the scenes. I guess the certificate issue is blocking the conversion as well.

Did you configure the certificate in the TruClient script by any chance? Was it required at all for the TruClient script to replay successfully?

I will innvolve additional subject matter experts to advice.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi

Yes, my browser (Firefox) asked for a valid certificate and I "understand the risk" and installed it during recording. My TruClient script worked fine after that.

What I understand is that you cannot choose which proxy recorder the conversion step will use - and LR use Fiddler - right? So maybe the problem is that Fiddler certificate is not known by Firefox? Should the problem be solved if Fiddler certificate was installed in Firefox? Is LR using local copies of browsers (IE/FF/Chrome) or is it using my normal browsers? I mean which certificate storage is the one used?

Regards

Stefan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.