Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Coorelation in Load Runner

Hi,

How to use a correlated value in another correlation within the same request.

I have a tag which has two dynamic values. After correlating the first dynamic value (Say A), how can I use A to correlate another value (Now A has become the left boundary for this dynamic value) within the same request. As the first value changes the second value changes acc to it.

eg: abc=012_(Dynamic value 1)_xyz_"(Dynamic value 2)"_rst;

Both the values are of different length for every request.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Coorelation in Load Runner

Hello

I don't think that there is a standard method of doing this, but it should be rather easy to do manually. At least as long as they have different right boundaries.

Correlate the two parameters with the same left boundary, so that param_2 starts with param_1. then just remove param_1 from param_2 like this

lr_save_string(lr_eval_string("{param_2}")+strlen(lr_eval_string("{param_1}")),"param_2");

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.