Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Correlation Issue

In a .Net web applicaiton, a ViewState value need to be correlated. I am getting below error. 

Action.c(325): Error -26377: No match found for the requested parameter "C_ViewState2". Either the specified boundaries were not found in the response or the matched text is longer than current max html parameter size of 90000 bytes. The total length of the response is 86502 bytes. You can use "web_set_max_html_param_len" to increase the max parameter size., Snapshot Info [MSH 1 13]   [MsgId: MERR-26377]

When replay the script, the LB and RB of that ViewState value can be displayed in the response of the request in which correlation is executed.  

Is there anybody know why it occured and any solution?

I am using Vugen 12.53 Patch 4. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Viewstates can be massive. (Grrrrrr)

It's quite possible that it's just too large to gerab with the default param size.

Try something like this before the other calls to see if it fixes the problem.

web_set_max_html_param_len ("3500000");

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

i have already set the correlation buffer size (web_set_max_html_param_len) to 90K bytes and the ViewState is 86K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I would manually dig through the response and see if you can find the boundaries yourself. And then take another look at the automatic correlation settings for .net stuff.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I did manualy find out the LB and RB from source file of the run-time viewer from replay.

I tried the correlation rule. I tested the rule by copying the response string, it works. However  when regenerate the script, the rule cannot be applied.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.