Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Couchbase database performance testing

Jump to solution
Hi,
Anyone has done performance testing in couchbase database performance which extracts 1.5gb as Json response via web service.
From a old environment service will fetch the data and feed into new system on refresh.
My question is how to test the web service which pull some 1.5 GB as response in json format.

Regards
Raghul M
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Couchbase database performance testing

Jump to solution

Hi Raghul,

Sounds challenging and interesting...

I will consult someone who is more knowledgable than I am to see if we can provide some tips regarding that.

Regards.

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry, I do not have such an experience. I am just curious, did you try recording it using LoadRunner Web Services protocol or using Web (HTTP/HTML)? How does the application handle that? Does the client receive all the information in one bulk or is it being streamed?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi shlomi,

We are in very initial phase to get the approach for this type of 1.5gb received as response.we didn't yet seen the application.But just need to know whether we can actively maintain the session for 1.5gb of json response in web service protocol similar to web protocol which had currently 32000sec for keep alive connection.

Hopefully, I also try to record the application with web service protocol once we get the application.

Regards
Raghul
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Raghul,

Sounds challenging and interesting...

I will consult someone who is more knowledgable than I am to see if we can provide some tips regarding that.

Regards.

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Good news. I have consulted one of the experts in the team and he did a POC using LoadRunner Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol. He downloaded 2 GB JSON file and it worked fine. 

You should disable snapshots and define the JSON as a resource when you send the request for download. It is also recommended to disable log

See code snippet below. Notice that Resource equals 1

lr_start_transaction("huge");

web_url("huge","URL=http://labm3lt51.hpeswlab.net/json/huge.json","Resource=1",LAST);

lr_end_transaction("huge", LR_AUTO);

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks shlomi....really very helpful for us.

Regards
Raghul M
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.