Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{AC639A50-1C6C-11D5-931F-0050049D1BF1}

I am getting the attached screenshot while installing the HPE LoadRunner. I tried to modify the permission in regedit but I am still getting the error message. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{AC639A50-1C6C-11D5-931F-0050049D1BF1}

just to be 100% sure: You are running the setup.exe as administrator? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{AC639A50-1C6C-11D5-931F-0050049D1BF1}

Yup, I did run the setup.exe as an administrator

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hmmm, any hints in the installation log file lrunner.log?

The lrunner.log file can be found in the TEMP folder. The configurator log is found in <LoadRunner Installation folder>\dat\Setup

To find the location of the TEMP folder, follow the steps below:

1. Right click on My Computer icon.
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. Click on the Environment Variables button.
  5. Under the section User variables for xxx, (xxx is the local admin user), you can find the path of the TEMP folder.
    see:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/km/KM869556

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

attached is the configurator log

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  Is this issue still relevant? 

From the configurator log it seems like the Windows user does not have the right privilegs on the registry. There are cases where even admin account is still limited by security policy not to access a certain segment in the registry. Can you please check if you can manually edit that section in the registry? Just add a dummy key and then delete it.

I also sugges opening a support case to get assistance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.