Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Decrypt the JSON string Loadrunner Script.

Hi All,

I have an application written in JAVA, Struts 1.2. In that application, I have recorded the registration flow. 

FirstName, Lastname,Email, etc......

But in Script, i am getting this a JSON string. How to decrypt it or convert it to readable format to do parameterization.

"EncType=application/json",       "Body={\"d0\":\"mDMn9GDlrgDJXMeAda35VIZxY+Gw4npTBO9kf9N3/B0WtQU8XDhqKfUS/7RLWJFGdYIg1vm4mWEQrl7YoV8n8jfJ2w3Zj1vmIiFEuczR2RkELOVCTnD0ZxdRPSAQZzO+f5h2x/8VgpLws8gOlTpWUm9zR+BClegGmjXiaBulAaMU8d455duKO+e1WGLLm8I7VjaPBwKIdhmrskAQeQ/3U4jsb+9w5EtOFLvWW3eFZj+/nRaTzXFVEfaiC82QcF7lT02DAEi4ZhzQumFwwSujN+VACqHgcTC8167zanOZsf/2LCdOO52zSPgh4c4WMA9KckXIIhWeFmVgdRvn7gC8NQ==\"}",
                                LAST);

Regards,
Arun BV
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Decrypt the JSON string Loadrunner Script.

Hi,

You are getting JSON data:

{"d0":"mDMn9GDlrgDJXMeAda35VIZxY+Gw4npTBO9kf9N3/B0WtQU8XDhqKfUS/7RLWJFGdYIg1vm4mWEQrl7YoV8n8jfJ2w3Zj1vmIiFEuczR2RkELOVCTnD0ZxdRPSAQZzO+f5h2x/8VgpLws8gOlTpWUm9zR+BClegGmjXiaBulAaMU8d455duKO+e1WGLLm8I7VjaPBwKIdhmrskAQeQ/3U4jsb+9w5EtOFLvWW3eFZj+/nRaTzXFVEfaiC82QcF7lT02DAEi4ZhzQumFwwSujN+VACqHgcTC8167zanOZsf/2LCdOO52zSPgh4c4WMA9KckXIIhWeFmVgdRvn7gC8NQ=="}

From what i can see d0 string appear to be a BASE64 encoded data however decoding it will not bring any readable data because it is encrypted. You need o check how the application is encoding this data and then find a way to decode it in LR. If you do not have access to source code of that java app then you can not decode that data and use it in Web protocol.

An alternative is to use RDP protocol and launch that application there, then you should be able to finish the registration flow and data to be passed correctly to the server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.