Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Define the Number of Vusers

Hello EveryBody!!

I recently started using LoadRunner  as a tool to test my different web aplications, however, I havent found the way to define the number of Vusers that I need. so I have some questions that I hope someone can help me to answer them.

Are the same the number of Iterations and the number of Vsuers?

How can I define the number of Vusers  which I start my Test?

Is it possible to add Vuser every so often?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Define the Number of Vusers

Hi ScrumMaster and welcome to the fascinating world of Performance engineering using LoadRunner,

To answer your questions:

1. Iterations are the number of times each action runs a full cycle. Number of Vuser (Virtual users) are the actual users which will execute the script each iteration.

2. You define the number of Vusers when you set the schedule of the scenario in the Controller

3. You can add Vusers during a test run

All the above being said - My 1st and foremost recommendation is you take some time and study the tool before starting to actually work with it. LoadRunner comes with a built in tutorial in the documentation and an in-house application you can create simple scripts and scenarios on. Once you complete the tutorial, I'm sure it will be easier for you to work with LoadRunner.

Good Luck,

Lior

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.