Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Desktop/Java Application

Hi LoadTesters

Im using HP Loadrunner 12, and I am pretty new at it. Actually I'm learning it using a downloaded tutorial.

In the tutorial they only show how to test web based applications. I'd like to know how to test Desktop/Java/win applications, which protocol(s) to use.

I have tried protocol advisor, but when I select the "Windows Application" in the "Record", the "Application" downdown is emptied, and the "Start Recording" button is dissabled. (see attached image).

NB: whenever I start typing in the "Application" dropdown, I get red text (error).

Please help. I am a begginer. 

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Desktop/Java Application

Hello, Dedee,

Have you tried click the  [...] button which is beside the dropdown button?

The [...] button helps you to browse to a windows application, while the dropdown lists historical selections.

Regards,

Bingle 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Bingle

Thank for the reply.

Yeah I have tried the [...], for windows application. still, the start record button is disabled.

Even if I select to application in the "program to analyze", the start record is still disabled.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi DeDee

are you trying to record a 32 bit application or a 64bit application?

which protocol did you choose when you started the Vugen script?

try selecting an application from c:\program files (86)\ and see if the recording button is enabled.

Good Luck

Lior Avni

PLV COST Team

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have been trying to Launch SOAP UI through VUGEN.

The problem is, the application is getting launched and that event is also getting recorded but after that, none of the events (Creation of new project and providing authentication and follow on steps) are getting recorded.

I am using Vugen 11.04 and SOAP 5.0, Used HTTP protocol to record SOAP UI.

Can any one help me with the solution to this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.