Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Do you think they are different?

The VuGen standalone installer that comes along with the ALM/PC is something that I want to call standalone VuGen.

The VuGen that comes as part of the Enterprise/Community Edition is something I want to call LR VuGen.

Question, assume they both are same version:

i) Does anyone think they are different products?

ii) Does patches delivered to them are different?

iii) Would stored PC script get impacted, if it is was built through LR VuGen?

iv) Anything else that comes to your mind that I may have missed?

Thanks for you time and inputs in advance!

Tags (4)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Do you think they are different?

1. they are same from my point of view.

2. the patches may be different since they come from different install packege.

3. scripts will not be impacted.

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for the reply Lancer. Was just wondering if there could be any special keys on the Performance Center VuGen that works well with PC that could be different with LoadRunner VuGen that works well with LR Controller, and a possibilty of a conflict with each other working opposite to each other?

Waiting to hear few other expert views as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello All,

1) There is only one VuGen, that is included into LoadRunner and ALM/PC.

2) Same patch contents are delivered as different patches according to a product where VuGen is used.

3) ALM/PC and LoadRunner Controller use totally the same VuGen scripts

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.