Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Does HPE load Runner 12.55 support CHROME browser for TRUCLIENT MOB protocol?

Jump to solution

Does HPE load Runner 12.55 support CHROME browser for TRUCLIENT MOB protocol?
Also, i am facing an isue while replaying a script in Interative mode, where the Object is successfully identified in the firefiox but still it is not clicking while replaying.
Kinldy suggest how to make that button click whil replaying in Truclient Mob.

Device used - Iphone 6s
user agent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13A452 Safari/601.1
Dimensions: 375 x 66t

Regards,
Nikhil Mishra

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Does HPE load Runner 12.55 support CHROME browser for TRUCLIENT MOB protocol

Jump to solution

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for the patience.

TruClient 12.55 is using Firefox 40.0.3.
Inspecting the website with Firefox 40.0.3 without TruClient, I see exceptions in the console (please find attached).
These exceptions are strongly related to unexpected behavior of both the website and TruClient.

I suggest the following:
Kindly verify that the website supports Firefox 40.0.3 and fix the issues you find.

Another option is to update TruClient to version 12.56 if possible and use TruClient Web protocol.
In this version, we've added TruClient Browser, based on Mozilla technology (equivalent to Firefox version 55.0.3).
You can modify the window size, use it, and if the AUT does not rely on mobile user agent you can change the window size and test the mobile website. You can also manually define the user agent in case it's required.

I would like to inform that I will not be available during the coming week, but will follow up on this issue, so please let me know the results and we'll find a solution.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Re: Does HPE load Runner 12.55 support CHROME browser for TRUCLIENT MOB protocol

Jump to solution

Hello Nikhil Mishra,

Thank you for using TruClient and i'm sorry to hear that you are facing an issue.

First of all, TruClient Mobile Web protocol only supports Firefox.
However, for testing of Mobile apps and Native applications, TruClient also offers TruClient Native Mobile protocol, itegrated with Micro Focus Mobile Center. You can see more information here.

I have two questions regarding the click issue:

1. Does the issue occur also when playing a single step?

2. Is the page using Angular framework?

Also, please try the following:

1. Replace the "Click" action with "Evaluate JavaScript" on the same element.

2. In the code Argument, set the following JS code:

object.click();

3. Replay the script and let me know the results.

Regards,

Amit

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Amit,

Thank you  for acknowledging my request. I think the application is made on .NET Framework and the solution u provided regarding object.click();  doesn't seem helping the issue. Is there something else that needs to be added and what feilds to choose in Object section? Attaching screenshots for reference
Belwo is the url and steps to replicate the issue on ur local browser, would really appreciate if you try it out plz.

The issue exixts at the highlighted steps, when u try to save any of the field. 

https://www.resume-now.com

STEPS
RN_S01_T01_LaunchApplication
RN_S01_T02_Clk_Choose_Template
RN_S01_T03_Enter_Name_Continue
RN_S01_T04_EnterEmail_Continue
RN_S01_T05_Clk_Continue_Thanks_Page
RN_S01_T06_Add_Phone_Address_Continue
RN_S01_T07_Clk_EditSummary_and_save
RN_S01_T08_Clk_AddSkills_and_save
RN_S01_T09_Clk_EditExperience_and_Save
RN_S01_T10_Clk_Add Education_training_Save
RN_S01_T11_Clk_Add Activities_honor_Save
RN_S01_T12_Clk_Finish
RN_S01_T13_Clk_Email_your_resume
RN_S01_T14_Clk_select_resume_format
RN_S01_T15_Enter_Details_Clk_Send
RN_S01_T16_Clk_Continue_on_Email_Confirmation
RN_S01_T17_SignOut 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I will try to reproduce it soon and supply a solution.

In the meantime:

1. I noticed that you are using TruClient Web protocol. TruClient Web doesn't support custom mobile agents. For mobile devices emulation, please use TruClient Mobile Web protocol. It's very similar to TruClient Web but is better adapted to this purpose. 

2. Try to edit click coordinates in the recorded "Click" step. You can try and erase these so that X Coordiante and Y Coordinate are empty. In this case, the Object's center is used.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Amit,

1. NO, I am using TruClient Mob protocol, other wise I would be able to launch my script in chrome as well in first place. 
2. I have tried all, left middle, right.. seems it is not working. Not sure how ot make this working, out of ooption!

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil Mishra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

The method suggested by Amit (object.click) is supposed to replace the standard click step.

From the screenshot, it seems the error occurs on the old click step.

I suggest disabling (or deleting) the old click step and trying to run only the new step, to test it. If it works and the Save button is clicked, try running the entire script, to verify the functionality.

Edo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just making sure - Have you tried it without the Responsive Design Mode which I see in the attached screenshot? It may have an effect on TruClient's behaviour.

Also, It seems that the buisness process required identification. In order to inspect the issue, could you kindly supply valid credentials for the website?

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi AMIT,

I have tried recording with responsive mode on, without it it wont even capture the object(the click).
The business process creates a resume for the user, you can create a random userid/pwd which should not exists to create a dummy resume and complete the flow as per given steps.
e.g something_342pk@gmail.com

Regards,
Nikhil Mishra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Amit,

Please do let me know, if u had made any progress to this.

Thanks 
Nik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for the patience.

TruClient 12.55 is using Firefox 40.0.3.
Inspecting the website with Firefox 40.0.3 without TruClient, I see exceptions in the console (please find attached).
These exceptions are strongly related to unexpected behavior of both the website and TruClient.

I suggest the following:
Kindly verify that the website supports Firefox 40.0.3 and fix the issues you find.

Another option is to update TruClient to version 12.56 if possible and use TruClient Web protocol.
In this version, we've added TruClient Browser, based on Mozilla technology (equivalent to Firefox version 55.0.3).
You can modify the window size, use it, and if the AUT does not rely on mobile user agent you can change the window size and test the mobile website. You can also manually define the user agent in case it's required.

I would like to inform that I will not be available during the coming week, but will follow up on this issue, so please let me know the results and we'll find a solution.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Amit,

I tried the same using TruClient Web protocol and using a specific moobile agent using CHROME Browser and it worked.

The object is easlity getting capture, looks like it is something to do with Mozilla Firefox browser which is not supporitng. 

Wonder when LR will support CHROME in TruClient Mob Protocol. 

Thankyou for your help and solution all along. Really appreciate your efforts. 

And, LR version 12.56 in not public for all. It doesnot provide 50 user trail version for everyone. Let me know if you have it.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.