Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does Load Runner support multiple protocol ?

Please let me know, does Load Runner able to help me in execution of below scenario ?

Scenario :-

End-2-end flow of my application is .ASPX web page –> 5250 emulator–>.ASPX webpage. I want to check the performance of E-2-E flow .

Thanks,

sachin

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Does Load Runner support multiple protocol ?

In your case you probably need to use Web HTTP or TruClient protocols for the web part, and RTE (Remote Terminal Emulation) protocol for the emulator part.

Actually LoadRunner supports multiple protocols in a single script for most use cases, however for this particular yse case RTE cannot be combined with other protocols in the same script.

So what you can do is the following: record two different scripts - one for web and one for emulator, Schedule them to run one after the other. For example, web script runs first until completion, then RTE script runs after it. If you also need to pass specific data between the scripts (like particular parameters) this is possible as well using for example VTS data server.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.