Downloading files using Vugen takes too long time.
I test an application that successfully downloads a 100 MB text file in 30-40 seconds. However, when I created a script using VUGEN (HTTP?HTML protocol), I noticed that the replaying of this script consistently took about 6 minutes!
I would appreciate any suggestions to solve this very slow download problem which does not represent what the application can do by itself.
Please check your Runtime settings in VuGen, go to Replay > Runtime Settings > Network > Speed Simulation: make sure that the "Use the maximum bandwith" option is selected.
Also check that there is no excluded Web sites in Runtime Setting, Replay > Runtime Settings > Internet Protocol > Download Filters. and there is no Proxy set or your Proxy setting is correct (Runtime Settings > Internet Protocol > Proxy).
If these are fine in VuGen and your issue is still persists then please share with me the LoadRunner version and the OS type what you are using.
Thank you for your response.
All configurations in Vugen are fine but the problem still persist.
I tried to run my script both from LR 12.63 and LR 2020.
Tried to run OS: win server 16 standart, win 7 enterprise 64 bit.
Thanks a lot!
I recommend to take a look at the receive time in vugen
1. turn off log from RunTime Settings
2. Add the two items to default.cfg of your script
3. In VUGEN, Tools->Options->Scripting->Replay->During Replay->check "Collect replay statistics"
4. run you script and check COMPONENT_BD_RECIEVE_TIME Value of the transaction
Also, you may check the time by other tools like Wireshark