Highlighted
New Member.

ERROR: Failed to retrieve output arguments/checkpoints - SOAP fault occurred

Hi;

I am new at VUGEN. My vugen scripts output ;

Action.c(6): Web service call "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" started
Action.c(6): Error: <CENTER><STRONG><FONT COLOR=#FF0031>Expected SOAP result, received SOAP fault</FONT></STRONG></CENTER>
Action.c(6): Error: <CENTER><STRONG><FONT COLOR=#FF0031>Failed to retrieve output arguments/checkpoints - SOAP fault occurred</FONT></STRONG></CENTER>
Action.c(6): Error: Web service call "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" execution failed

I try SOAP there is no error. But I used sevurty parameter at SOAP.  I think error is related with this secury code. What can I do ? 

<wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd">
<wsse:UsernameToken wsu:Id="UsernameToken-1" xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd">
<wsse:Username>xxxxxxxxxx</wsse:Username>
<wsse:Password Type="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-profile-1.0#PasswordText">yyyyyyyy</wsse:Password>
</wsse:UsernameToken>
</wsse:Security>

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: ERROR: Failed to retrieve output arguments/checkpoints - SOAP fault occurred

Hello,

The server returns a SOAP fault message instead of a SOAP result message upon LR's request. Usually the SOAP fault message contains hint about what error has happened,  you can turn on the extended log in Run time settings, and check the detail about the fault message in log.

Then you can compare the record snapshot and replay snapshot, (if the script is not recorded, you can use other traffic capturing tools, for example, wireshark, to capture the original soap request send to server and success. ), compare the two SOAP request which got success result and fault result. 

If you can identify what caused the server returned fault message, then you can try to modify the options in web_service_set_security and web_service_set_option to make LR send proper request to server. 

BTW, LR version number and protocols you're using are basicly required here for helping us identify the issue.

Thanks,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: ERROR: Failed to retrieve output arguments/checkpoints - SOAP fault occurred

I have been facing some trouble with load runner in trying to get a successful response to a web service request where the web services are using SOAP 1.1.

I have also tested the web service request in SOAP UI and they respond correctly. For this soap_request attempt I receive a "The SOAP request" Soap request response content is not XML" message in Vugen.

I am using a WSDL and XML to build the vugen script with Manage servcies and Import options (tried on both 12.02 & 12.53 versions)

In one of the blogs of HPE, they suggested some work around on this issue to incorporate teh line "UserHandName=LrWsAttachmentsHandler", before begin arguments of web service call. But in this mway of scripting(WSDL and SOPA xml import) i dont see those arguments, even I tried to apply at some places but didn't work.

Can some one help me in fixing this please? 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

hi,

i suggest open a new thread for this question.

Micro Focus Performance Core.
Functional Architect
your performance, our passion!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Any Solution to this Issue... Please, Here we are getting the same error....

essage:The security token could not be authenticated or authorized
   at Mercury.LR.LrWsNetClient.ProxyCreator.InvokeMethod(String sMethod, IWSMethodParameters mParams, String sAsyncEvent)
   at Mercury.LR.LrWsNetClient.NetReplay.InvokeMethod(String sMethod, IWSMethodParameters mParams, String sAsyncEvent)
Action.c(19): Error: <CENTER><STRONG><FONT COLOR=#FF0031>Expected SOAP result, received SOAP fault</FONT></STRONG></CENTER>
Action.c(19): Error: <CENTER><STRONG><FONT COLOR=#FF0031>Failed to retrieve output arguments/checkpoints - SOAP fault occurred</FONT></STRONG></CENTER>

1. Loadrunner signs the request with the client's private key and sends it to the server
2. Server verifies the signature against the OP's CA certificate and accepts the request
3. Server signs the response with the server's secret key and sends it back to the Loadrunner
4. Loadrunner tries to validate the signature, but for some reason can't do that. Propable it doesn't know about the OP's CA certificate that it is supposed to be using in validating the signature.

Try to find out how to tell Loadrunner which certificates it should be using when validating response signatures..
or try to find out how to disable the validation in loadrunner. It is not needed in the load-testing context anyways

If You have a solution please post @ sreevathsava.nv@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Venkata S N

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.