Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error -205177: In CTcBrowserHandler::RaiseBrowser, Failed to load remote dll : TcHooksLoader.dll

Hi,  i encounter this error while reply Truclient script on Firefox and Chrome.

Error -205177: In CTcBrowserHandler::RaiseBrowser, Failed to load remote dll : TcHooksLoader.dll    [MsgId: MERR-205177]

Can anyone help with it? thank you

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error -205177: In CTcBrowserHandler::RaiseBrowser, Failed to load remote dll : TcHooksLoader.dll

Hi,

Sounds like an installation or configuration issue.. Please open a ticket in parallel to this post.

Which version are you using? Do you have any AV software installed on the machine? Can you find TcHooksLoader.dll in the file system under <LR_HOME>\bin folder

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error -205177: In CTcBrowserHandler::RaiseBrowser, Failed to load remote dll : TcHooksLoader.dll

Hi,

I use v. 12.53, and may i know what is AV software? and Yes, i did see the TcHooksLoader.dll in the folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\LoadRunner\bin.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,  

Not sure how to file the ticket, any instruction available? sorry, i am new here and need some help.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

AV is Anti Virus. I refer also to any security related software which blocks unauthorized process from doing potentially malicious operations.

TruClient needs to intercept  some procedures in the operating system level,. TcHooksLoader.dll is the entry point for it.

Either it is being blocked from running by another software or you have an issue in the installation.

It needs to be investigated more closely.

As for the procedure to open a ticket, I will ask someone who is knoedgeable about it to comment here.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello

In order to submit a new incident request , please do the following :

1. Login with your SSO credentials into https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/web-submission

2. Select Product Technical Issue 

3. Select your SAID , product , version , OS ...

4.  Describe your incident request and severity

5.  Submit  

If further assistance is needed , please use this Reference User Guide 

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/web/softwaresupport/site-reference-user-guides

Thanks

./Manu

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Yes, i do have Norton AntiVirus enabled and also submitted the services request.  services ID: 5310227492

It 100% happened when run test case in VuGen (TruClient), however, in VuGen developer mode to run the script is totally fine. when close the script developer mode and run in VuGen. Immediately got error.

I tried to turn off the AV and install -> launch -> run script and still got the same problem

LoadRunner Version: 12.53
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Edition (Transitional Chinese)
Asus Laptop: U45J
Norton AntiVirus Activated

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

We will continue handling that through the support ticket.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

What was the resolution for this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Are you experiencing the same issue? If so, I suggest opening a support ticket. 

It may happen for various reasons:
> AV software or some other instrusive program that prevents TruClient from running.
> Issue with the integrity of the installation.
> Specific bug that is applicable to your environment

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello,

I had the same problem with VuGen 12.60

To sosolve it, I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 package,

Regards,

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello, resolved, Thank you
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.