Highlighted
New Member.

Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12002 and retry limit (0) exceeded

I have scripted for Rest API using Loadunner version 11(vesrion cannot be upgraded since its a client requiremnt) and i observed below error

Error:

Action.c(33): Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12002 and retry limit (0) exceeded for URL="https://****/***"               [MsgId: MERR-27492]

And this error is due to one of the option provided in the Run time settings in the LoadRunner that is I need to uncheck “WinInet replay instead of Sockets(windows only)” option.

And if I uncheck “WinInet replay instead of Sockets(windows only)” option. The access token generation script fails where i need to pass it to next request.

I tried using web_set_max_retries ("30") function and it did not work.

So the Alternate option would be Adding SSL version in the script that is including “web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS1.2")” and unchecking WinInet replay instead of Sockets(windows only)” option. But TLSV1.2 is only supported in Loadrunner version 12 and more and it fails in Loadrunner version 11 which is the current version that we have and which cannot be upgarded.

Can you please suggest me how to proceed further.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12002 and retry limit (0) e

Hi,

LoadRunner 11.0 does support TLS 1.2. Also, LoadRunner 11.0 is not a supported anymore.

I suggest upgrading to LoadRunner 12.60

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12002 and retry limit (0) e

Hi Ash,

Normally, we used to get this error "HttpSendRequest" failed if the request is not able to send with in the 120 secs of time.

so try to decrease the web_set_max_retries("30"); to web_set_max_retries("5");

Thanks,

Manoj Thota

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.