Highlighted
New Member.

Error -27794: Failed to connect to server "localhost":[10061] Connection refused

Hello,

I am currently attempting to test an endpoint hosted locally on my machine via HTTP. However, when I replay the VuGen script, I get the following error message:

Error -27794: Failed to connect to server "localhost:7401": [10061] Connection refused 

I've tried increasing the max retry count with web_set_max_retries("5"), but the connection is refused each time.

I have confirmed that the endpoint is available, as I can reach it via Chrome. I believe this may be a proxy-related issue, as I was able to the endpoint before I installed Fiddler, a traffic capturing software. However, even when I'm not running Fiddler, the connection is refused. Also, Windows firewall is disabled.

I appreciate any troubleshooting assistance. I'm using version 12.02 Build 2739.

Thanks,
Erik

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Error -27794: Failed to connect to server "localhost":[10061] Conn

You might try to monitor TCP activity with procmon.exe a tool of www.sysinternals.com (owned by Microsoft) and examine the connects etc.

You might check the listner ports on your server (netstat -an) and see on which port your application is listning. It might be only on localhost and not on your hostname, so you cannot connect to it via <yourhostname>:port (just a guess).

Last resort is try to deinstall Fiddler and see if it all works as expected again. I've not that much experience so not sure how transparent Fiddler is.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Error -27794: Failed to connect to server "localhost":[10061] Conn

What are your proxy settings in runtime settings?

Are you replaying at Socket or Wininet level?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.