Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Error: Failed to find .cfg file. [MsgId: MERR-10777]

Hello,

I am having a script in Web-Html/Http protocol, Loadrunner 12.53. I added one new action in the existing script and click on replay. An error message appear “Failed to find .cfg file.”

I click on Runtime setting and save the setting again, but still I am getting this error.

Can anyone help me to solve this.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error: Failed to find .cfg file. [MsgId: MERR-10777]

Hi,

Please run VuGen as administrator and try again. Do you still face this issue?

Please share %temp%\HP.LR.VuGen.log. Change the file extension to png and upload it here.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hello,

I run the VuGen as administrator and still the same error appear.

I have attached the log “HP.LR.VuGen.log”. Please find the attachment.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you create a new script from the same type that fails and share it? Export it to a zip file in VuGen and share it here. In order to share here you will need to rename the file extension to png or jpg as zip is not supported for upload.

Also, please specifiy your version, which protocol do you use and whether this issue happens in any script. or just one. If it happens in one specific script please attached it here.

Thanks,

Shlomni

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

I have created a new script similar as the earlier script. However, in this script I am not getting the above error (Failed to find .cfg file).

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,.

I guess the default.cfg file is missing in the orginal script. The default.cfg file contains the runtime settings.

You can copy this file from another script from the same protocol and reconfigure things from the UI to ensure it fits your needs in the original script. If you need help let me know

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.