Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Error: lrdo_server_attach: "OCIServerAttach" return-code=OCI_ERROR, error-code=12154:

Hi - i'm getting the following error while replaying the script in vugen 11.51.The same script works fine in vugen 9.52. Below are the vugen client configurations.

Vugen 9.52:

win XP SP3

Oracle Client 10.1.0

Vugen 11.51

Win 7 SP1

Oracle client 10.1.0.

Below is the error message .

vuser_init.c(22): Error: lrdo_server_attach: "OCIServerAttach" return-code=OCI_ERROR, error-code=12154:
vuser_init.c(22): Error:     ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Any suggestions....

Thanks,

vasu

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Error: lrdo_server_attach: "OCIServerAttach" return-code=OCI_ERROR, error-code=12154:

Add the \bin directory to the PATH variable

Adding <Oracle>\bin to the system's PATH variable will allow to access the appropriate database alias to connect to the database. The system environment variables can be changed from the system properties:

1. Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select "Properties."
2. Select the Advanced tab and click on "Environmental Variables."
3. Under the System Variables section, add <Oracle>\bin to the PATH variable.

Note: The above changes need to be made both on the VuGen as well as host machines.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Error: lrdo_server_attach: "OCIServerAttach" return-code=OCI_ERROR, error-code=12154:

Thanks  for the reply.

we have Oracle\bin in system path variables.Below is the value for system path variable. we are still seeing the same issue.

C:\Oracle\product\10.1.0\Client_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\;C:\Oracle\product\10.1.0\Client_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\client\;C:\Oracle\product\10.1.0\Client_1\BIN\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Virtual User Generator\strawberry-perl\perl\bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\BIN\

Thanks,

vasu

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Vasu & HP Team,

I have tried recording HP Assest manager application which 2-tier based using Lr12.0 and Oracle 2-tier protocol. While, replaying i got the same error which is mentioned in the text.

I ensured to have the Oracle/Bin folder path to be set in environment variable and but getting getting the error while replaying.

What is the resolution?

Thanks,

Ajit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Trying tto run Oracle 2 tire script but seeing below error 

vuser_init.c(18): server_attach: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2089 

Can some one please explain why i am seeing above error pls

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.