Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error when trying to record a test with Loadrunner

Hi everybody.

Currently i try to evaluate Loadrunner for our company. But when i try to record a new test i always get an error (see attached file).

After a few tries i noticed that when i try to start the AUT from a netdrive the error occurs, but when the *.exe is located on the local harddrive the AUT starts without the error.

Can anybody tell me how i can start the AUT from a netdrive without the error?

The AUT is a ERP application based on WPF and runs on Windows 10.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error when trying to record a test with Loadrunner

Hello

First of all, WPF does mean that the protocol used is .net, right? And I also assume that you used the latest version 12.53.

Second have you checked if there is anything in the recording log. You can find it here:

find_recording_log.png

When starting from netdrive, are you running it via unc-path? If so, try and map a drive and run it from there.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error when trying to record a test with Loadrunner

Hi and thanks for your reply.

To First:  Yes, you assumed right the AUT uses the .Net protocol and i use the 12.53 version of loadrunner.

To second: The recording log stays always empty.

I tried to mapped the drive as you suggested and it worked, but if the app's config is still written with the UNC it doesn't work.

Okay, now i am able to record y first test, but unfortunately as soon as i try to playback the test i get a whole lot of errors.

Like: "The type or namespace ‘Controls’ does not exist in the class or namespace ‘System.Windows’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

or: the name 'Oracle_Data_Adapter' does not exist in the current context unity

Still searching for a solution. Can you help me with that (with a link, advice or a hint)?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.