Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Error while running test in Loadrunner Controller

Hello,

I am using windows server 2008 r2 and loadrunner version 12.53.

After I start a test on loadrunner controller, I saw an "Assertion Failed!" error(Program: Wlrun.exe, File: srv\Vuser.cpp). I start the test in controller, it run without any error for 10 vuser and then this error appears.

I have also attached the screenshot of error.

can anyone tell me, how to fix this error?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error while running test in Loadrunner Controller

Hello,

you can install patch2 or wait for patch3 release soon.

Best regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HI,

I am also facing the same error with where I installed PC Host 12.53 and patch 1.

When I am running test directly with controller on the host mahine, facing this issue after test completion while the users are exiting and the resultsn ot getting collated properly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

As you can see the solution was provided in previous comment. Use patch 3 or patch 4 to resolve it.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

I am facing the same error (Assertion Failed!) while I run test through controller isntalled on Windows server 2012 R2. And the load runner version is 12.50 with Patch 3 intalled.

This issue is intermittent and not facing it everytime. What might be the rootcause and do we have any further patch above 3 for this issue?

Thanks,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I really advice using a newer version of LoadRunner. Issues of this nature might have been solved already.

Do you run Vusers locally on Controller or on Load Genertor?

How many Vusers? What type of protocols?  Is the issue reproducible in specific case/vuser or with multiple of them?

Do you open the Vusers window when the issue happen or look at the log? 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for your quick response. Currently we do not have an option but have to continue with 12.50 for the current project.

My answers below:

Do you run Vusers locally on Controller or on Load Genertor? - We run the users on Laod Generator.

How many Vusers? - Upto 2000 users

What type of protocols? - Tru Client & HTTP/HTML

Is the issue reproducible in specific case/vuser or with multiple of them? - Multiple. We got the error with a scenario using Citrix, & Tru client scripts as well.

Do you open the Vusers window when the issue happen or look at the log? - Had to disable the log due to the load. Yes, we do open Vuser window & Output messages during the test to monitor. Opening the Vuser window is it an issue?

Thanks,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Dheeraj,

Opening the Vusers window is most likely the cause for this issue.

Please submit a support ticket for us to review more closely and resolve. Meanwhile avoid opening the Vusers window to avoid this assertion.

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for that advice will follow them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Dheeraj,

As you mentioned that you are running 2000 User for Tru Client & HTTP/HTML, Can you please tell us how many of them you running for Truclient and for http/HTML seperately. Also share the LG Configuration and number LG you are using.

Regards

shashi kant

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.