Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Error with Truclient Firefox and Self-Signed Certificates

we recorded an application using Truclient Firefox on VuGen 12.02.

when we replay, the warning This Connection is Untrusted is displayed in the interactive window. the technical details shown in the warning are The certificate is not trused because it is self-signed. If we click through to Add Exception, the check box to Permanently store this exception is greyed out and not clickable.

we can click Confirm Security Exception, and the script will then replay fine in VuGen. however, when we run the script in BPM 9.25 it fails on the same This Connection is Untrusted screen.

we tried to uncheck the OCSP check in VuGen Truclient General Settings, but this did not help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Error with Truclient Firefox and Self-Signed Certificates

Hi,

I think I faced the same issue but not sure if it was self signed or not,look below step and hope it will be helpful.

2. Truclient with Firefox when we have old working script
To fix the certificates issues on Firefox we need to re-record the script (till the point we get error).
a) Create new TruClient script , follow below steps when you seeing Connection Untrusted error.
b) Click on I Understand the Risks
c) Click on Add Exception

d) Click on Confirm Security Exception
e) After clicking Security exception you will see the desired web page
f) Stop the Script
g) Save the script
h) Open the script directory and go to Profile ->Interactive
i) Copy below files from new recorded script and paste them in old Vugen Script under
 Profile ->Interactive and load folder
a. Cert_override.txt
b. Cert8.db
c. Key3.db
j)  Run the old Script and it should be running           
k) Repeat the process if you get the same error

Pros: Record the script and upload it on BSM
Cons: Need to re-record the script if we get the error throughout the BP

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

If you are using version 12.02 or lower open General Settings dialog from VuGen toolbar, go to encryption and add the exception from there. Every new script you create starting that point will have this exception.

If you are using version 12.50 already open the General Settings dialog from the TruClient browser and add the exception from there. You need to repeat that for every newly created script in case needed.

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

hi shlomi, thanks for the response.

we did try to update the truclient general settings as you suggested, and that didn't work either. i don't have access to the system until monday, but if i recall i could only add the necessary certs under the Servers tab within the Encryption-Certificate Manager dialog, and not under the Authorities tab. i'm guessing because the certs were self-signed, and so the replay kept asking for them even though they were listed in the Servers tab...

if needed, i'll update this conversation on monday when i have access to the system again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi BAC Man,

If you can't get it work through TruClient I suggest you try that using regular Firefox browser and then browse to the default Firefox profile to copy the files mentioned in the first reply to the profiles in your script.

TruClient is not playing a role here. It is purely an issue of making sure Firefox profile has the right files under it.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

we tried the earlier suggestion and found the necessary cert files (Cert_override.txt, Cert8.db, Key3.db) in the user's AppData\Roaming\hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\LrWeb2MasterProfile folder and copied them to our script folder to replace those that were there. this worked great.

i am not clear shlomi why you think TruClient is not involved in this, and that it is a firefox issue. i think there is a bug in that TruClient won't save self-signed certs into the script folder... i will report this to support and i guess it will get tracked out from there.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.