New Member.

Error with russian text in request

Tools: Load Runner 12.53

Protocol: Web Services

Summary: I get error when I send russian text in parameter to SOAP service.

web_custom_request, soap_request, web_service_call doesnt work. When I delete russian symbols all working.

Same parameter working in SoapUA 5.2.0 or Fidler.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Error with russian text in request

On a wild guess, you might be labeling your request to contain "Windows ASCII" or maybe ISO 8859 Latin1 (both 8 bit per character) characters but are sending UTF-8 (8, 16, 24 or 32 bits per character) or UCS-2 (16 bit per character)?

As you are using Fiddler, you might want to compare the request and reply being used when VuGen (or a load generator) is communicating with your sever with the corresponding request and reply used when SoapUI is communicating with you server.

Please keep us updated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hello! I use text like "ДПП-23/45678"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I'm sure you've seen what happens if you mislabel your data.

Say, putting UTF-8 coded text into a file and then displaying it as if it contained KOI8-R. You most probably will see letter  (circumflexed upper case A) and other characters instead of your beautiful cyrillic letters. Same things happens when you push data into a database in one way and retrieve it in another: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1461907/html-encoding-issues-%C3%82-character-showing-up-instead-of-nbsp

So I urge you again to make sure you label your text string correctly.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.