Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Events getting not getting recorded in LR 12.55 using Web HTTP/HTML protocol

Event counts though getting displayed in the recording tool bar but no events are being recorded and displayed in the script. 

The Recording report states :- " The recorded script contains no steps"

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Events getting not getting recorded in LR 12.55 using Web HTTP/HTML protocol

Hi Sreetama,

In Recording options try one of the options below:

1. Go to Recording Options -> HTTP Properties-Advanced -> Proxy recording settings - Check both and after you record uncheck again.

OR

2. Go to Recording Options -> Network-Mapping and Filtering -> Click New Entry : Give the Port number and Select Record type -> Direct.

OR

3. Without doing any changes above, Go to Recording Options -> Network-Mapping and Filtering -> Select Capture level "WinlNet level data"

Hopefully one of the above options work for you.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Events getting not getting recorded in LR 12.55 using Web HTTP/HTML protocol

Hello,

I have tried options 2 and 3 both but it didn't workout, the events kept on increasing in the recording tool bar but no events were captured in VuGen. I will try the option 1 and will let you know the outcome.

Thanks!

Sreetama

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello,

I forgot to mention that, the Loadrunner version I am using is 12.55 and the OS of the machine is Windows 10.

Thanks,

Sreetama

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Sreetama,

If you are not able to record the events even after the using of the different port mappings in HTTP/HTML protocol , then we need to check whether the calls are going to socket layer of the web server we can check in log file , as some time the issue with SSO or Authorization for that corresponding servers to you.

Also it is good to check whether that traffic is captured in Fiddler web debbger tool , if it got captured every thing just saves as VuGen understanding file and open it in VuGen , place the transaction names accrodingly.

Hope this will help you to debug the issue and useful to go forward.

Sorry for the delay in response just saw this post now.

Thanks,

Surya Kosuri.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

i tried all the port mapping options and SSL versions but the events are not recorded in Loadrunner 12.55 and 12.57 versions . updated network filtering as well but no luck. i treid all the ways using multiple protocols ,network filtering,SSL versions, port mappings ,different browsers, proxy settings .

i colud not get the solution.

please provide and suggest me for the solution

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am facing the same issue that the scripts are not getting recorded .I had multiple seessions with MicroFocus team but they were not able to resolve.They are stuck to disable EnableLUA options in registery.

but the problem is as soon as i dissable it and restart my machine the old setting is back.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Any luck resolving this?  I've been fighting the same problem for weeks.  Tried all the suggestions MF has provided with no success.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.