Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Exchange configurations....

Hi,

sorry i am to late for the expert days. I had some problems accessing the LR Support Customer Forum... but bill told me the experts are still here...

i observer very often that it is hard to give the Recordings Options which works on my PC to the PC of an colleage.

The only whay for me is currently click on the reset to defaults button and then send him the instructions with screenshots.. Is there a way that this can be done by copying some files?

Best Regards, Jürgen

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Exchange configurations....

Hello Jürgen,

Please note that MAPI Vuser script functions generate activity to and from an MS Exchange server. Each MAPI function
begins with a mapi prefix. For detailed syntax information on these functions, see the Function
Reference (Help > Function Reference). Note that recording of Vuser scripts is not supported for the
MAPI protocol.

To run MAPI scripts, you must define a mail profile on the machine running the script. For
example, install Outlook Express, set it as the default mail client, and create a mail account.
Alternatively, install Microsoft Outlook, set it as the default mail client, create a mail account
and create a mail profile. To create a mail profile in Microsoft Outlook, select Settings > Control
Panel > Mail > Show Profiles and add a mail profile

In the following example, the mapi_send_mail function sends a sticky note through an MS Exchange
server.

Actions()
{
mapi_logon("Logon",
"ProfileName=John Smith",
"ProfilePass=Tiger",
LAST);
//Send a Sticky Note message
mapi_send_mail("SendMail",
"To=user1@techno.merc-int.com",
"Cc=user0002t@techno.merc-int.com",
"Subject=<GROUP>:<VUID> @ <DATE>",
"Type=Ipm.StickyNote",
"Body=Please update your profile today.",
LAST);
mapi_logout();
return 1;
}

If you need more information regarding this protocol, please refer to the follwoing KM

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM169859

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Sorry i think you don't understand the problem...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Most of the config are in ini files and some of them are in registry. It's not easy to summarize all used configs. You can try to do the following (not guarantee it always success),

1) reset the config.

2) open "process monitor" in "Sysinternals" suite, and monitor the event of VuGen.exe.

3) Change your config, and save it. In process monitor, you will see which files and registry are changed. There might be too many changes, probably you will have to use filter setting to find the related change.

4) Copy the files to your coworker's PC.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I had the hop that there is an list from HPE which descripes that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.