Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Externalizable Runtime Settings for flex Protocol disabled

Hello,

I am creating a script for one of the applications in Flex protocol. Its recording fine (that is after I added my application IP address in the Mapping and filtering by providing direct connection instead of through a proxy).

After recording, when i run the script it gives me an error at a particular amf call. When i compared the recording and replay logs of this amf call, i found that the replay didnt have the XML view while the recording did have that. When I saw the Run Time Settings > Externalizable, this was showing as read only and option selected was "Do not encode externalized objects. I guess this could be blocking the response from completely read and hence the amf call might be failing.  Why are this setting disabled?

Also, i am getting the below error message for the amf call which is failing.

Error:Server returned error for message #1 : description="AMF call returned an error, described in XML seen in extended log"

When i turn on the extended log for this amf call (by using lr_set_debug_message) it does not show any errors. 

I tried opening the flex_rts_2.xml file to change the run time setting and changed the Read Only value to 0. It didnt help. The run time settings shows "as is" after the Load runner restart.

Any ideas what else can i try to either enable the externalizable options or to resolve the error in general? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Externalizable Runtime Settings for flex Protocol disabled

Hello,

Please try to set the serialization configuration correctly before recording.

The script might look a bit different once you do that, and the runtime settings for replay might be updated for you as well.

Regards,

Gil

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for taking out the time to reply.

I have already tried doing this. It still shows the options selected as Read Only.

I am getting the below error message:

Error:Server returned error for message #1 : description="AMF call returned an error, described in XML seen in extended log"

I dont see anything in etended logs. Any ideas how can i capture the whole of the value retruned by AMF call and then may be understand what the issue is?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you for the update.

Do you see AMF requests as XMLs in your script?

i.e. does it seem that the configuration for serializable objects correct for your application?

If you still see issues replaying, it might be due to incorrect request body, where a common issue is AMF requests that are replayed as recorded instead of being generated from those XMLs.

Gil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Yes the AMF requests are all converted to XMLs. There is no binary data generated in script.

There are certain message ids and destination ids which are appearing in the request previous to the failing AMF calls but when i tried correlating this ids the first occurrence of this ids are only at the AMF call where they are appearing in script.

Now when i see code generation logs, there are many instances where there i binary data. So there could be a catch here that the ids might be occuring before but not in readable format.

Do you think i might be requiring application related flex jar files? Can you may be help me determine what those jars might be?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you for your message,

As for the message IDs, please double check if correlating them is needed.

As for the code generation and binary data - this can hint about missing JAR files.
Sadly, I cannot tell you which JAR files.

If your application has some custom serialization, you might need to get those JAR files related to the transport level objects.

Please make sure to check the serialization framework you use (is it BlazeDS, e.g.?) and make sure this framework is supported by LoadRunner/VuGen.

Gil

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thank you very much for the response. I will check and update accordingly the resolution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.