Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Feasibility of uploading file to Web Service using Load Runner

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can any one please help to let  me know if we can test File uploading through Web Service in Load Runner.

Also please suggest if possible to test file upload in SOAP and Restfull both type of Services.

It would be a great help if you can give glimpse of file uploading approach or link of any online article on this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You can test file upload in SOAP by using web_service_call. In "New Web Service Call" dialog:
- Select the web service you want to test
- On the right column, in "Attachments" section, click "Add to request" checkbox
- Then select attached file
- Load Runner will generate script automatically.
In case DIME doesn't work, you can try MIME format by replacing "ATTACHMENTS_FORMAT_DIME" by "ATTACHMENTS_FORMAT_MIME" parameter.
Hope it help.

Thanks,
Thien

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You can test file upload in SOAP by using web_service_call. In "New Web Service Call" dialog:
- Select the web service you want to test
- On the right column, in "Attachments" section, click "Add to request" checkbox
- Then select attached file
- Load Runner will generate script automatically.
In case DIME doesn't work, you can try MIME format by replacing "ATTACHMENTS_FORMAT_DIME" by "ATTACHMENTS_FORMAT_MIME" parameter.
Hope it help.

Thanks,
Thien

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the information .

What about the restful Services? Does LR support File upload for Restful services as well?

Would be a great help if you can suggest steps like above.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am sorry to say that currently it is not supported, but as I know it should be available soon.

Thanks,

Thien

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

For REST, you can try using web_custom_service as this blog post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

When I try to acess this link, it gives 'Access Denide' message.
Can some one help on this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.