Commander
Commander

File upload is not recorded using SAPGUI protocol

Hi,

I am recording a scenario in Loadrunner 8.1 using SAPGUI protocol,where I need to upload a flat file in SAP-BCS.The recording stops as soon as the window for file selection opens and resumes once that window closes.The uploading of the file part is not recorded.So if I am replaying the script is stops after opening the file selection window.How to capture the uploading of a file in the loadrunner script?

Awaiting early reply.

Thanks,
Sindhu
Tags (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

send the script to this mail ID: praveen.bhagavatula@gmail.com

Note: del the results folder then zip the entire contents of the folder and send it thru mail
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a similar issue with these SAP file dialogs and QTP. It's not a normal SAP window, I think it's more of a Windows dialog. I think the solution there was to use standard windows recording. Have you tried adding any other protocols to see if any of them can record anything for your file upload?

Is there any other way you can choose your file besides using the file dialog? Maybe just enter the path of the file in a text box. I'm not familiar with this transaction so I can't tell for sure what your upload options are.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Yes I have tried with sap-web protocol.I could not record the script.
The only option to upload file is the file dialog box and if I would get a text box,that would solve the whole problem.But dont know how to get the text box.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is an issue with Loadrunner, and I would say with any other Script automation tool since the upload popup is running in a Java window and then being transferred by HTTP/FTP rather than the SAP RFC calls. This is a problem as SAPGUI only listens for calls to certain ports and attaches itself to the SAPGUI.exe communications. This cant be done with Loadrunner. For sure.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi sorry to but in,

I had the same issue in the past and the work around is as follows:

1- before scripting create a variant in your specific transaction for the particular field.

2- this variant should include the values listed in your text file

3- save the variant with a name that make sense to you,

4- when you record your script and reach the point where u need those values choose the variant you defined in the prvious steps and carry on scripting.

In this way there won't be any NON SAP GUI interaction.

Hope that helps

cheers

Wassim

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

i have an excel upload via SAPGUI that works similarly.

in order to record without the file browser window popping up .. do NOT click in the filename input field, once the "tab" has landed the cursor, simply paste the fullpath into the input field, this way should avoid the pop-up.

problem is that LoadRunner is preventing excel from being able to access the file during load-gen mode.

the script works via VuGen on all load generators but fails in load generartor mode on all generators except for the controller's "localhost".

so, the SAPGUI can access the file correctly except when run as a load generator, even though i have copied the files manually to the load generator.

also tried inclduing the file in the script/solution to get it copied to the netdir path ...

any ideas on what setting needs to change to alowi load generator VUSER to see files outside the NETDIR (virtuak c drive)?

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.