Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Firefox Issue for trueclient 12.53 web

Hi,

i am facing issue while running true client script in controller.

Load Runner 12.53 trial

Windows 7 SP1

Firefox 40

one scenarion with 20 users 15 min

when we start the execution for 20 users the transaction are passing as soon as the users are in running state but once all users are ramped up the transactions are stoped passing and we cant see anything until the users are ramped down and all the 20 users have same error message

Proxy Authentication Required window appears due to which we can not proceed with the execution

so how to handle this window in controller?

Note: we are getting this window in VUgen  while reply in load and interactive mode.

Thanks

Ashish Kate

10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Firefox Issue for trueclient 12.53 web

Hi,

1. You can add a generic browser action step and change it's action to Dialog Authenticate. This step can handle the proxy authentication 

2. If it does not help I suggest running a google search "TruClient Firefox proxy authentication". I am pretty sure you will find useful results

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i can not add  generic browser action step since the authentication window does not appear at fix step it appears anywhere throughout the scenario.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible for you to open Firefox, navigate to "about:config" and set the following values to true in case they are set to false?

"network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-proxies", "network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies"

Instructions:

1) Navigate to "about:config"

2) Click "I'll be careful, I promise!"

3) Search for the relevant key - in this case, for example: network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-proxies\network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies

4) In case it is false, right click and select "Toggle", or simply double click it to change the value

After doing so, could you please replay the script and see if it helped?

Regards,

Eyal Jakov

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

i changed the value "network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-proxies", "network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies" to true 

but still when i run the test we get the authentication window both in vugen plus controller

please help us to solve this issue

this is trial version of LR so i can not raise the support ticket

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the trouble, could you please also try the following:

1) set "network.predictor.cleaned-up" to true

2) set "media.gmp-manager.certs.1commonName" , "media.gmp-manager.certs.2.commonName"  and "media.gmp-manager.url" to an empty string

Replay the script and see if it still happens. For the settings to take effect in controller, make sure to save the script after the modifications.

Also,

1) Does it happen also in other TruClient browsers? 

2) Do you use any NTLM authentication?

3) If the issue still reproduces after the above modifications, could you please upload some more details? raise log level to extended and provide both a snapshot of the issue and the logs?

Regards,

Eyal Jakov

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks for the information i will make the required changes and check the script inj vugen plus in controller.

mean while answer to you r questions

1) Does it happen also in other TruClient browsers? 

-- it works with chrome but we get same authentication window in IE too.

2) Do you use any NTLM authentication?

-- nope

3) If the issue still reproduces after the above modifications, could you please upload some more details? raise log level to extended and provide both a snapshot of the issue and the logs?

-- will check and let you know

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

i made the required changes mentioned by you and ran one scenario with 50 users 15 min in controller and for first run it worked well but for second run again it started giving same error no transactions were passing hits /sec was also 0.00 this is due to that authentication window issue.

please suggest

thanks & regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

Where do you have the login steps? In the Init action or in the Action?

What is the value of "New User Simulation" in Run Time Settings > Replay tab?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

all the steps are in run action right from open application untill logout.nothing is present in Init and end

reply tab setting-->

RTS.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry, this issue requires a meeting to inspect more closely.

If you are in an evaluation process and still can't contact support please discuss it with HPE sales representative and ask him to contact me. I will take it from there and assist. 

Regards,

Shlomi

BTW: if you place the login in the init action and logout in the end action and turn off "new user simulation" you might be able to avoid the authentication  popup.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.