Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Firefox Issue for trueclient 12.53 web

Hi,

i am facing issue while running true client script in controller.

Load Runner 12.53 trial

Windows 7 SP1

Firefox 49

one scenarion with 20 users 15 min

when we start the execution for 20 users the transaction are passing as soon as the users are in running state but once all users are ramped up the transactions are stoped passing and we cant see anything until the users are ramped down and all the 20 users have same error message

"Error -205177:  IPC connection to browser process is lost    [MsgId: MERR-205177]"

can anybody help me in solving this issue?

thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Firefox Issue for trueclient 12.53 web

Hi,

The Firefox version delivered with 12.53 is 40.0.3. 

I suspect that the Firefox  version was upgraded by mistake. Please make sure you use the correct firefox version and try again

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

checked with firefox 40,0,3 but getting same issue...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

In that case please run the scneario with 1 Vuser only for 5 minutes and see if it works or not.

If it works configure a gradual ramp of 1 Vuser every 30 seconds and check if/.when it breaks.

With the 2 steps above I would like to isolate whether it is a resource saturation issue or something else.

If it 1 Vuser fail please try to set MeasurementLevel entry to 0 in the default.cfg file, which is located in the script directory, 

I also suggest opening a support ticket

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

i have tried with one users 15 min test run with firefox but still its same situation.

hit/sec 0.0 transaction do not pass after 1 min and then i get IPC connection to browser at the end.

also tried changing measurement level from 3 to 0 but that also not worked.

i am surprised how it works with chrome browser..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I am 100% sure it is a configuration issue.

Please change PaintWindowInLoad entry in default.cfg file to 1. Run a single Vuser and share a screenshot of your computer. I would like to see how the browser looks like.

Does the script run successfully from VuGen in inteactive/development mode? Is it running successfully in VuGen load mode?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

after changing the paintwindowinload to 1 we ran the test in controller for 5 users 10 min and 5 instaance of firefox were also opend but we observed that after first iteration logout when second iteration was going to start we get Authentication Requried window in which we have to enter username and password.this window is blocking our further test run and eveything stop working in controller

please help us to solve this issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

we also tried to capture that dialog and put it as event handler editor but we are not able to do since that popup disable the whole browser.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

script run fine in vugen with both browser and both mode interactive /load

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Please send me a private message. I would like to get the script and see if there is something I can help with.

Alternatively, please take a screenshot of the authentication and surrounding steps and describe their end events.

Please include also any group step in that area as it impacts as well

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

what is your mail id to send you the private message ?

for security reasons i cant send you the script. do we have any alternative to solve this authentication dialog which appears while test executions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

please check the attach screenshot of authentication dialog which appears while replaying the test.Capture3.PNG

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.