Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

[GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR]read to host failed: [10054] Connection reset by peer

Hi,

I am using Loadrunner 12.53 patch 4, Web protocol(HTML/HTTP) and script language is Javascript.

In my script, I am uploading a pdf. It works while recording but fail when I replay the script.

Error is::: Action.js(2715): Error -27776: [GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR]read to host failed: [10054] Connection reset by peer.   This is probably because the SSL protocol version is not supported. Try switching the TLS/SSL version using "web_set_sockets_option" API. 

I tried changing

web.setSocketsOption('SSL_VERSION', 'TLS')

web.setSocketsOption('OVERLAPPED_SEND', '0');

web.setSocketsOption('TCP_BUFFER_SIZE', '524288'); 

However, nothing works. How to fix it?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: [GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR]read to host failed: [10054] Connection reset by peer

Hi,

You can use Wireshark to check if the connection is being made or if it fails at ssl level. Use filter "ssl" and have auto scroll enabled. Pause script before the actual request to upload the pdf file, start Wireshark and continue replay of script.

Check if you have any ssl handshake errors. If you do not see server hello packet that means the ssl version used by the client is not supported by server. If you see application data packets than the pdf is being uploaded, because the error is "connection reset by peer" you need to pay attention to who close the connection, in this case the server will close the connection, check packets with FIN or RST flag set.

Best regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.