Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GWT and Loadrunner integration

Jump to solution

Hello,

Since last 5 days I didnt make much progress with this script so though to extand hands for help on this form. I am working on one web application which is developed on GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and in order to get the script working I need to do more then 300 co-relations which is taking hell lots of time. The response I am getting back from the server appears like following:

Action.c(444): 4,51,0,50,94,53,1,49,55,45,51,0,50,15,53,1,49,54,18,51,0,50,138,53,1,49,52,59,51,0,50,17,4
Action.c(444): 9,0,49,0,48,0,47,'TXuXsal',3,0,6,40,46,45,0,0,44,0,0,0,0,0,31,43,42,0,'TXuXsal',3,1,41,'Gu
Action.c(444): m',5,40,0,39,38,0,37,'TXKCkBu',3,0,'FkgKEeA',3,0,6,36,35,0,34,'TXuXsal',3,0,'Ive',5,33,32,
Action.c(444): 31,30,0,0,29,0,0,0,28,1,6,0,'TXKCkB0',3,0,6,-28,27,26,25,25,25,0,0,6,0,6,0,6,0,0,'TXuXsam'
Action.c(444): ,3,0,24,'IU8',5,'TXKDPhU',3,0,0,23,0,0,3,22,0,0,-28,0,0,0,14,0,0,0,21,0,0,2000.0,13,20,0,6
Action.c(444): ,0,0,'TXuXsam',3,0,19,'IU7',5,'TXKDFOu',3,0,18,0,17,16,0,0,15,1,14,0,2000.0,13,2000.0,13,1
Action.c(444): 2,2,6,0,11,0,0,0,'TXuXsal',3,0,0,10,'GOl',5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,6,24,2,0,9,8,1,6,7,1,6,'F$f',5,0
Action.c(444): ,4,'TXKCkAA',3,3,2,6,2,0,1,["com.infocomp.composerweb.gwt.rpc.client.model.prospect

These tokens are so many to co-relate and worst thing these are not consistent in numbers to be send into next request.

This attached script I have recorded in http/html protocol on old engine (new engine was crashing the application). I have installed the LR11 Patch 4 but that didnt seem to help either.

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

see Help > Patch Documentation from the VuGen main window

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Have you configured the GWT DFE Chain available in LR11 Patch 4?

-Madan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried but couldnt get through and unfortunately couldnt get any documentation for GWT SDK integration with the loadrunner. Please let me know if you have any.

many thanksQuote

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

see Help > Patch Documentation from the VuGen main window

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I still couldnt manage to get the GWT DFR with this recording but managed to get other work around to get help in correaltion. Written some C functions to generate the tokens faster without getting worried about the numbers appearing around the string. anyways many thanks to you Madan for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hey Sandeep,

I would like to make sure that our new GWT DFE feature functions properly.

Can you please describe where you encountered problems with enabling the GWT DFE feature?

If you prefer, feel free to contact me directly at oded.keret@hp.com

Thanks,

Oded Keret
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Oded,

Thanks for replying on my post. Well the trouble is giving path to the following file

■The directory that contains.gwt.rpc files
■The application classes directory 
■The application JAR files from the WEB-INF\lib directory

Patch documentation desnt describe enough how to do that.

1. How can I give path of these files as they are in separate server and behind secure credentials ? Where can i specify user name and password ?
2. Is it worth coping them in local LR folder and give path from there ? (security team will jump up and down for  this exercise)

I am sure many people might be having these questions. I have written some script to get it working but unfortunately they are breaking under load so I gated 😞 

thanks,
Sandeep

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Many thanks for your reply Oded.  For everyone's benefit I am pasting your email here.

The GWT DFE feature assumes that you have access to the .war file, which is a zipped version of the GWT application under test.

In this zip you should be able to find the mentioned files and folders.

These files contain the application logic that enables decryption & encryption of the data formatted by GWT.

To use the GWT DFE you must have access to these files.

The common scenario is to copy them from the server/s to the LoadRunner machines.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Oded,

Could you please share the step by step documentation about how to configure GWT DFE feature with Load Runner.

Details:

LR 11.0 with Patch 4

Regards,

Rajesh Sahu

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

You can start by checking out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ASD8xj0otUk#t=160s

The Recording Options configuration of GWT DFE is similar in 11.04 and in 11.50.

You can find more details, including step by step documentation, in the LoadRunner user guide.

Oded Keret
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Is it necessary to record the script without GWT DFE and later to regenerate it?

I have trouble in replay the script because of a classNotfoundException  of .gwt.rpc-files.

Where can I enter the classpath to the DFE-classes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Hi,

I am using LoadRunner 11.52 and working on a GWT based application. Even after succesfully importing the files, it is throwing a warning message - 'The following class is missing in the GWT DFE chains; javax/servlet/ServletInputStream. Please import the updated .JAR, .WAR and CLASS files used by the GWT application.'

Even after importing the updated files, the script is failing. When i have rechecked the files that i have imported in LoadRunner, I found that RPC files of my GWT application has not been imported. And later when i tried to import the files to LoadRunner, it is only importing the .JAR and .WAR files but not RPC.

Is there any other option to import the RPC Files in LoadRunner?

Please Suggest.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.