Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Generating TCP/IP message through loadrunner by providing input batch file in text format.

Hi All,

Generating TCP/IP messages through loadrunner by providing input from batch file (text format). Request you to please let me know the approach.  text file is having multiple messages. Please find attached format for more info

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,

Gyanendra Sharma

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Generating TCP/IP message through loadrunner by providing input batch file in text format.

Hi,

I have no experience with it. I hope someone provides a better answer.

My advice is to record your application using Windows Sockets protocol. Check the steps structure and see if you can create an adapater that will take the data from the file and use it in the steps. If it cannot be done you can always create a .NET or Java protocol test and write your own code that will take the data from the file and load the application.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.