Highlighted
Visitor.

Getting unable to open database file

Hi Team,

I am using Load runner version 12.60 build 0582, doing web services scripting.

Issue: When I am replying the script , getting unable to open database file exception.

Note: When I am doing the same with Admin access not facing the issue.( I have temporary admin access, which can't be extended). I should use LR without admin access only.

Kindly help us asap.

An unexpected error occurred.

Click ‘OK’ to close this message. You may be able to continue working,
but note that this workflow may cause the error to occur again.
Click ‘Details’ to display technical details on this error which may help
you solve the problem, or can be used when contacting customer support.

---- Post-error application state information:
Installed 3rd party AddIns: [HPE SV ALM Integrations 4.20.0.0], [UTT Configuration UI 14.50.0.0], [Debug Pad Wrapper Extension addin for UTT 14.50.0.0], [UTT Debug Basic implementation addin for UTT 14.50.0.0], [UTT File Dialog 14.50.0.0], [UTT Connection Addin 14.50.0.0], [Micro Focus UTT IDE commands 14.50.0.0], [UttBookmarkPad 14.50.0.0], [UttErrorListPad 14.50.0.0], [UttOutputPad 14.50.0.0], [UttTaskListPad 14.50.0.0], [Vugen.ConfigurationUI 12.60.0.0], [UsageReporter 12.60.0.0], [VuGen Debugger addin based on UT Debugger 12.60.0.0]
Workbench.ActiveContent: HP.LR.VuGen.FrontEnd.Panes.StepsNavigator.AllStepsPad
ProjectService.OpenSolution: [Solution: FileName=C:\Users\807536\AppData\Local\Temp\1\LRStudio\6240\Untitled.ltsln, HasProjects=True, ReadOnly=False]
ProjectService.CurrentProject: [VuGenProject: WebServices6]

---- Recent SharpDevelop log messages:
17:09:47.676 [6] ERROR - Exception happened when requesting the web page https://community.softwaregrp.com/favicon.ico
--> Exception:
System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at HP.LR.VuGen.FrontEnd.GeneralAddins.VuGenHelp.Community.WebRequestHelper.DownloadIconToDisk(String dir, String fileName, String iconUrl) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.60.971.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\GeneralAddins\VuGenHelp\Community\WebRequestHelper.cs:line 234
17:09:48.053 [4] ERROR - Exception happened when handling the response of web page https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=true&filter=location&location=category:sws-LoadRunner&q=%25QUERY%25
--> Exception:
System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at HP.LR.VuGen.FrontEnd.GeneralAddins.VuGenHelp.Community.WebRequestHelper.FetchFavoriteIconCallback(IAsyncResult result) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.60.971.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\GeneralAddins\VuGenHelp\Community\WebRequestHelper.cs:line 168
17:10:26.569 [1] ERROR - Unexpected error occurred: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
17:11:39.732 [1] ERROR - Unhandled WPF exception caught
--> Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at HP.LR.VuGen.ReplaySummary.TransactionBreakdown.BreakdownSQLiteDataProvider.ReadData(String fileName) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.60.971.0\app\VuGen\BackEnd\Current\Record and Replay\ReplaySummary\TransactionBreakdown\BreakdownSQLiteDataProvider.cs:line 42
at HP.LR.VuGen.ReplaySummary.ReplaySummaryReport.GetDataProvider() in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.60.971.0\app\VuGen\BackEnd\Current\Record and Replay\ReplaySummary\ReplaySummaryReport.cs:line 583
at HP.LR.VuGen.ReplaySummary.ReplaySummaryReport.OnDebugStopped(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.60.971.0\app\VuGen\BackEnd\Current\Record and Replay\ReplaySummary\ReplaySummaryReport.cs:line 384
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at HP.Utt.Debugger.UttDebuggerService.CallDebugStopped(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\14.0.2793.0\src\Infra\app\UttDebugger\UttDebuggerService.cs:line 352
at HP.Utt.Debugger.UttDebuggerImp.CallDebugStopped(EventArgs e) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\14.0.2793.0\src\Infra\app\UttDebugger\UttDebuggerImp.cs:line 624
at HP.Utt.Debugger.UttDebugger.CallDebugStopped(EventArgs e) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\14.0.2793.0\src\Infra\app\UttDebugger\UttDebugger.cs:line 405
at HP.Utt.Debugger.UttDebuggerImp.<>c__DisplayClass46_0.<InvokeDebugStopped>b__0() in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\14.0.2793.0\src\Infra\app\UttDebugger\UttDebuggerImp.cs:line 616
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Gui.WorkbenchSingleton.SafeThreadCall(Action method)
at HP.Utt.Debugger.UttDebuggerImp.InvokeDebugStopped(EventArgs e) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\14.0.2793.0\src\Infra\app\UttDebugger\UttDebuggerImp.cs:line 614
at HP.Utt.Debugger.UttDebuggerImp.CallStateChangedEvent(UttDebuggerDomainStateChangedEventArgs eventArgs) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\14.0.2793.0\src\Infra\app\UttDebugger\UttDebuggerImp.cs:line 580
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Getting unable to open database file

Did you check the documentation, if you can use LR without Admin rights?

You might try to identify the file that is giving you issues with help of Process Monitor: procmon (www.sysinternal.com). My guess is that the file issue is somewhere in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\....\Loadrunner folder.

When the above is the case you might give the Loadrunner folder and folders/files below access Full access to your account as well. See cacls.exe command.Something like (run elevated):

cacls ROOT-LR-PATH  /T /E /G %USERNAME%:F

This advice is at your own risk. Another possibility is to install LR in your home directory i.s.o. under C:\Program Files (x86)\ Then you should have full control with your credentials.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Getting unable to open database file

I am seeing the same issue in Load Runner 2020 as well, it says cannot load script if I try to open one. If I try to create a new script it says cant' load untitled.ltstn. Any help that I can get?....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.