Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Global Schedule, Duration, and Vusers sending requests question

I'm not clear on the Global Schedule, and actual number of Vusers that are executing requests over the duration of a test.

Suppose I have a Global Schedule like the following, and with 300 Vusers total:
Schedule by: Scenario
Run Mode: Basic Scenario

Global Schedule:
Initialize: Initialize each Vuser just before it runs
Start Vusers: Start all Vusers: 60 every 00:05:00 (HH:MM:SS)
Duration: Run for 00:05:00 (HH:MM:SS)
Stop Vusers: Stop all Vusers simultaneously

I would expect that at any one time, there would be only 60 Vusers running:
00:00 - the first 60 Vusers start and run 5 mins (total 60 Vusers running)
05:00 - the next 60 Vusers start and run 5 mins, and the 60 Vusers from above are stopped (total 60 Vusers running)
10:00 - the next 60 Vusers start and run 5 mins, and the 60 Vusers from above are stopped (total 60 Vusers running)
etc

However, the schedule graph shows up to 300 vusers. Maybe the vusers exist, but are not sending requests (only 60 are sending requests at one time). Also, when I look at the results, the Throughput (bytes/sec) increases over time, indicating that more than 60 Vusers are sending requests.

In the scenario above, are only 60 Vusers sending requests at one time?
Why is throughput increasing in the results if only 60 vusers?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Global Schedule, Duration, and Vusers sending requests question

Hi hp_kdd,

I think that, after the second group of 60 Vusers, requests are more than 60 at one moment: at the top of the entrance ramp you will have 300 Vusers calling the recorded service, so the number of transactions are very high. It depends on the application, what's the response time for every request, but when you are at full regime (after 40 minutes by your scenario design) 300 Vusers are ready to make requests for 5 minutes long. 

Are all clear? Have you understand?

Lorenzo

disegno.PNG

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Global Schedule, Duration, and Vusers sending requests question

If you need only 60 vusers run at any time you need a real world scenario with schedule by group.  you need to delay the start of each group by 5 minutes and run duration as 5 minutes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.