Highlighted
Visitor.

HP Load Runner RDP Protocol issue

Hello All,

I am trying to run the RDP script in Load Runner controller 12.53 (trial version) with 2 users by selecting the Terminal services enabled in the Load Generator Information settings.

No of Terminals : 2

Maximum  number of  Vusers per terminal : 1

The script is running successfully in Vugen and Controller for 1 Vuser with the Terminal services disabled.

I am getting 1 Vuser passed and 1 Vuser failed with "Error: Connection reset by the server" issue.

Can you please suggest me the solution to the above issue.

Attached : LG_Information settings,Run time settings , Controller Error.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Load Runner RDP Protocol issue

Hi,

Please disable "Terminal Services Manager" in Controller. It is not required for running RDP protocol and most likely causing you the issue since you didn't go through all of its' configuration.

"Terminal Services Manager" comes to help utilizing very strong Load Generators when running heavy GUI Vusers such as UFT, TruClient, Citrix and more.

It might be useful for RDP as well but not required for running a test Vuser and irrelevant if your Load Generator has medium to weak HW

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using one RDP server and 5 LG machines in our test execution. We want to execute the load test with 800 Vusers.

If we disable the Terminal Services manager, it wont allow mutliple users. So how can i execute the load test with above configuration?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Irfan,

1. Please disable terminal services manager in order to validate whether or not it is the cause for the issue. Run a few Vusers on each Load Generator.

2. What is the HW specification of each LG? 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.