Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP LoadRunner "Could not load the script"

Jump to solution

Hi

How was the script saved?

LoadRunner can handle two types of script. The normal way, with a folder containing all files and a "major/main"-file called someting like *.usr that you can double-click, or open from file-menu in LoadRunner

But it can also use zipped scripts. If you have a zipped script, you will have to unzip it manually first and then open as above or choose File -> Manage zip files -> "Import from Zipfile" or "Edit Script in Zipfile". Files exported from PC/ALM are zipped.

I think that you are trying to open a zipfile from the ordinary File-Open.

The alternative can be that the script have become corrupted and some/all of the files are missing, then check and compare with a working/new script.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

How was the script saved?

LoadRunner can handle two types of script. The normal way, with a folder containing all files and a "major/main"-file called someting like *.usr that you can double-click, or open from file-menu in LoadRunner

But it can also use zipped scripts. If you have a zipped script, you will have to unzip it manually first and then open as above or choose File -> Manage zip files -> "Import from Zipfile" or "Edit Script in Zipfile". Files exported from PC/ALM are zipped.

I think that you are trying to open a zipfile from the ordinary File-Open.

The alternative can be that the script have become corrupted and some/all of the files are missing, then check and compare with a working/new script.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, Performance Center would only let us download scripts named with the extension *.usz. by default.

If you double click on the *.usz scriptyour script will open in VuGen. Hope this help some...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Jump to solution

I am also observing the same issue when opening the vugen in latest 2020 version. Please let me know how to resolve "could not load script"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Venugopalam,

Have you found a way to resolve this issue.. I am seeing the same 'Could not load the script' error as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Same here with 2020, it was all ok last week. Havent updated anything either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was managed to resolve this issue by uninstalling the load runner and re-installing it. I think some files are getting corrupted and this need to be investigated by Microfocus. 

1. In your Windows Task Manager>Processes Tab verify that all running LoadRunner instances are closed
If you have any script saved in the LoadRunner\Scripts directory make sure you back them up

2. Close the load runner agent process running in your machine

3. From the control panels\add remove programs or in windows programs and features\uninstall a program locate HP LoadRunner and click on the Remove button. If prompted with a “shared DLLs' message choose the remove all option.

4. After the uninstall wizard completes reboot your computer. Restart your machine

5. Find all LoadRunner folders, even the ones in the Startup menu and delete them

6. Search for any file that starts with wlrun.* and vugen.* – remove any that are found
Go to Start>RUN and enter regedit to remove the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER ->Software -> Mercury Interactive -> LoadRunner

7. Delete all files from the temp folder Run=>Type %temp% and delete all the files from temp and from your Recycle bin

8. Install the load runner again and verify whether it resolves is issue. 

I followed above steps and that resolved my issues and kindly update me whether it resolves for you.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: HP LoadRunner "Could not load the script" - Worked Solution

Jump to solution

I had the same issue with LR  2020 . Even the clean LoadRunner uninstall didn't work.

I used "Revo uninstaller"  free license software to uninstall the LoadRunner. This software will find all registry entries and folders related to the software that you want to uninstall.

While uninstalling use "Moderate" option , scan and  select "Select all" to delete all the entries and folders it lists.

I installed LR 2020 again and it worked perfectly.

Hope this will help.

Pani

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

I followed both resolution given by the expert still it is not working. MicroFocus you have to look into it as many users have been affected.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Can you please provide more details about the issue?
For example:
Does the problem happens when opening all scripts or this specific one? can you create a new script and reopen it?

Another suggestion - please close VuGen, then, go to the Hewlett-Packard folder under AppData folder (“C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard") and rename or backup and delete the “LoadRunner” folder.
Once it is done, launch VuGen again and check if the problem is solved.

Regards,
Amir

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Jump to solution

Revo Uninstaller solves the problem. It finds all registry keys, removes agent and it also completely removes ) history of all previous scripts

Thanks

Toba

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member.

Jump to solution

Revo uninstaller solved for me too.

1. Uninstall

2. Scan with Revo & remove leftover files and registry keys.

3. Restart

4. Install

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.