Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

HP Loadrunner - Citrix XenApp 7.6 and Storefront scripting .ica file Issue

Hi Experts.

With the new storefront versions and XenApp 7.6, Citrix now increased the security and we will not be able to see the ica file downloading and running on the machine.

With Vugen 12.01 and below I was not able to capture the citrix traffic.

I have raised the issue earlier and an expert suggested me to try with the New LR 12.50 version. I could capture the citrix traffic but ica file is not seen in the generation log or anywhere. The first citrix statement is either nfuse_connect or set_connect_opt. It is varying each time.

Now, the ica file name (VEFVVzAwWEQuU292R2xvYmFsIEQ) is same for any user ID. Record and reply. Manually, each time we launch the published application a different ica file is generated and we are able to do multiple launches with the single user. From tool,  it is creating the same ica file with same name and pulling back the existiing session further killing two session.

I am not able to understand how to handle ica in the storefront 3.4 and XenApp 7.6. Please suggest.

ctrx_set_connect_opt(ICAFILE, "C:\\Users\\loadrunner\\Downloads\\VEFVVzAwWEQuU292R2xvYmFsIEQ.ica");

or

ctrx_nfuse_connect("https://au2106st0501.inftestau.wbctestau.westpac.com.au/Citrix/StgSovereignPOC/Resources/LaunchIca/VEFVVzAwWEQuU292R2xvYmFsIEQ-.ica?CsrfToken={CsrfToken}&IsUsingHttps=Yes&launchId=1473774930404", CTRX_LAST);

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP Loadrunner - Citrix XenApp 7.6 and Storefront scripting .ica file Issue

Hi,

Are you connecting to Citrix via the standalone client or through a web portal? 
You may need to create your own ICA file based on the content from the dynamic one captured in the recording. 

Can you copy and paste the content of the ICA file?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am connecting to citrix through a web portal (Storefront). In this new version, the ica file contents are very secure and even loadrunner will not caputure any ica related data in the generation log. We cannot launch the application with ,ica file because this feature is disabled in the new version of citrix to increase security. Even we create our own ica file, we will not be able to launch the application at all.

The only way to launch the published application is from storefront. There is no other way to connect to the applciation. However, I m attaching the ica file to this ticket.

Kindly let me know if I can handle the ica and code in any other way.

[Encoding]
InputEncoding=UTF8

[WFClient]
ConnectionBar=0
Hotkey10Char=(none)
Hotkey10Shift=(none)
Hotkey11Char=(none)
HotKey11Shift=(none)
Hotkey12Char=(none)
HotKey12Shift=(none)
Hotkey13Char=(none)
HotKey13Shift=(none)
Hotkey1Char=(none)
Hotkey1Shift=(none)
Hotkey2Char=(none)
Hotkey2Shift=(none)
Hotkey3Char=F2
Hotkey3Shift=Ctrl
Hotkey4Char=(none)
Hotkey4Shift=(none)
Hotkey5Char=(none)
Hotkey5Shift=(none)
Hotkey6Char=(none)
Hotkey6Shift=(none)
Hotkey7Char=(none)
Hotkey7Shift=(none)
Hotkey8Char=(none)
Hotkey8Shift=(none)
Hotkey9Char=(none)
HotKey9Shift=(none)
MouseTimer=200
OutBufCountClient=118
OutBufCountClient2=118
OutBufCountHost=118
OutBufCountHost2=118
OutBufLength=512
PersistentCacheEnabled=On
ProxyFavorIEConnectionSetting=Yes
ProxyTimeout=30000
ProxyType=Auto
ProxyUseFQDN=Off
RemoveICAFile=yes
TransparentKeyPassthrough=Local
TransportReconnectEnabled=On
UpdatesAllowed=Off
Version=2
VirtualCOMPortEmulation=On

[ApplicationServers]
SovGlobal D=

[SovGlobal D]
Address=10.96.139.6:1494
AllowCustomizeTransparentKeyPassthrough=On
AutologonAllowed=ON
BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP
CGPAddress=*:2598
ClearPassword=2E7588FA78E041
ClientAudio=On
Compress=On
DesiredColor=8
DesiredHRES=0
DesiredVRES=0
Domain=\C74B039D28561960
DoNotUseDefaultCSL=On
FontSmoothingType=0
InitialProgram=#SovGlobal D
Launcher=WI
LaunchReference=7CE378E71FF0233C6D6B9F37E72FD0
LocHttpBrowserAddress=!
LogonTicket=2E7588FA78E041C74B039D28561960
LogonTicketType=CTXS1
LongCommandLine=
LPWD=265
MaximumCompression=On
NRWD=124
ProxyTimeout=30000
ProxyType=Auto
SessionsharingKey=7Ev48L8QvJo1PQMGM9UgrfBIgwyFc7hv
SFRAllowed=Off
SSLEnable=Off
Title=SovGlobal D POC
TransparentKeyPassthrough=FullScreenOnly
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
TRWD=0
TWIMode=On
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
ZLKeyboardMode=2
ZLMouseMode=2

[Compress]
DriverNameWin16=pdcompw.dll
DriverNameWin32=pdcompn.dll

[EncRC5-0]
DriverNameWin16=pdc0w.dll
DriverNameWin32=pdc0n.dll

[EncRC5-128]
DriverNameWin16=pdc128w.dll
DriverNameWin32=pdc128n.dll

[EncRC5-40]
DriverNameWin16=pdc40w.dll
DriverNameWin32=pdc40n.dll

[EncRC5-56]
DriverNameWin16=pdc56w.dll
DriverNameWin32=pdc56n.dll

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you tried to correlate the ICA file name and the launch ID (both in the URL)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

I have correlated the Lauch ID and CSRF token. I am not able to correlate the ica file name as it is getting generated dynamically and I am not able to find out where it is gettign downloaded.

Eachtime I record the script I am getting a new folder location. I am not able to find out that folder location in LR log as it is a client side action.

Kindly help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A few thoughts:

• Have you tried to build your own ICA file? I had to do this recently, example attached for you - you might have to strip back a lot of the content and experiment a bit.
  • The content of your ICA file suggests that seamless mode is not disabled (TWIMode=On) - you need this to be disabled; speak to Citrix admins about this, otherwise LoadRunner will not work.
  • Have you checked in all headers for trying to correlate the ICA file ID? It may not be immediately obvious to find.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.